Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my Aprilia Scarabeo 150 for a used Burgman 400 this morning. The dealer would not allow a test ride so I just went ahead and made the deal anyway. I put about 50 miles on it today and am fairly happy with it. The ride is very harsh compared to the Scarabeo with its 16 inch wheels. I lifted out of the seat a couple of times on the same road that I usually have no trouble on with the Scarabeo. I guess I have to watch for bumps in the road more carefully. The Burgman does corner much better than the Scarabeo and is more comfortable over 60 MPH. The main reason for the trade was to have a scooter that would cruise at 65-70 easily, and this scooter does that. One thing that is missing, is the owners manual. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? I haven't really tried looking yet.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Grayson

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome Grayson
I'm in Libertyville and just bought a new 650. You're right, the ride can be bumpy on the good old midwest streets. Other than that the Burgie's are great.
I would purchase a service manual as it's much more useful than the limited owners manual. Any Suzuki dealer can get one for you. (About 50.00)
There is a scooter club in your neck of the woods. Here is a link:
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/main.html

Looks like they have some great riding events.

If any of them own a 400, he/she should have a owners manual that you could copy.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Grayson!

Congrats on the 400 and welcome to the forum!

Dawn on the the scooter club forum has a 400. Ask her about copying the manual.

This forum is great for any and all info on the Burgies! :lol:

Does the 400 have the adjustable shocks like the 650? If so, you can adjust them to soften the ride on those bumps.

Once again, congrats on the 400!

Daryl

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase.

On the shock absorber harden it up to max (trust me). Squat down by the rear wheel and feel under the boywork at the rear (left hand side looking forward) until you find a black control knob - wind it up clockwise to the max.

This gives the best dynamic ride for me particularly on spirited twisties. However not much you can do about the jolts imparted through the small wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts