Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year ago I bought a Honda PCX150 scooter. Thought it would be the perfect solution to around town errands and an occasional jaunt in the country. Not quite. Just not enough power. Still have it, and my wife says she wants to take the MSF course and start riding it. We'll,see.

After 6 months, I got a Honda NT700 touring bike. It's much more capable on the highway, but a top heavy beast around town. If it leans just a little bit too much at a stop, boom! It falls to the ground and there's not much you can do to stop it. And, if you are riding two up, it is even worse. Even though I have ridden it 5,000 miles since April, I knew it just wasn't for me.

I happened to get to know Daboo and Comanche from this site who also on the NT-owners.org forum over the past few months. I asked them to compare the big NT700 to the Burgman 400. They graciously told me all about the Burgie, and how much they liked it.

To make a long story short, I decided to trade my NT in for a new Burgman 400. I will pick it up later this week. Looking forward to solving my problem of either too small, or too big, with the new bike. I plan on using it around town and on some long tours, too. Gonna call the new bike "Otto".

I've read some on this site, and know there are some very informed riders here who can help me when any problems arise. Glad to be a new Burgman owner, hope to ride with others!

Rich
Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
May I be the first to say Welcome. Daboo and Comanche are very knowledgeable folks. I think you will be very happy with the 400. I put over 46k on mine before I sold it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your 400 as much as I do mine!

Bought it June 22 and have over 3200 Miles on it already!
(My Bride loves it as much as I do)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Greetings Rich:
I hope that you and Otto get to see this beautiful state - truely the Land of Enchantment. I have my k5 400 at my Vantana Ranch home and my k7 650 at the Questa home. I enjoy each, especially with with the Air Hawk and backrest. ENJOY.
Respectfully,
Francisco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts