Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm a new scooter rider (Passed the test today that allows me to ride alone)

On Thursday I purchased possibly the last new Burgman 200 sold in Australia - within 24 hours of me buying a brand new 2019 Burgman, Suzuki Australia took the 200 off there website (I had it bookmarked) and the dealer where i brought it from put a note on the page stating that "This model is now sold out and discontinued for the Australian market." - Hows that for a claim to fame!

Anyway, I've attached a picture of Burgy (her name). zyn70ufl90051.jpg

She's been delivered yet - will be next week from the dealer, but i had to call by today to pick up a disc lock and saw her sitting there. I jumped on her and just wanted to go, but i obviously could not as i'm technically not licensed yet (I have a competency certificate - i have to take this to the licensing authority on Monday and i will than be licensed) and Burgy isn't registered yet.

I'm looking forward to many adventures on her

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
Welcome to the forums 'Another Old Guy who Drinks'.

You will find some help on here for the UH200 but world wide there are not too many owners. That could be the reason Suzuki Australia dropped it.

Same thing happened to the Importer of Zero Motorcycles in Australia and what happened next was all services and warranties were dropped too.

If Suzuki drops a model and does not think they will bring it back, I wish they would sell all tooling and licensing to another builder the way Honda did for the Honda 70 and Honda 90 cc engines. The Lifan 125 is a good engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts