Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just joined the other day on a false alarm,the Burg 400 I was gonna buy was a scam,glad I found out before I drove up to get it but not before I sent him $100 good faith money. OH well. Well my good luck is back!! I just purchased a nice 2013 Burg 200 for $1200 w/ 10K miles. Yeah I'm very stoked!!! Do any of you know of any inherent flaws or issues with this little sweetheart??? It will go well with my '15 PCX150. A match made in heaven. Thank you Lord and thank you for all your help!!!

Attachments

· Registered
2,369 Posts
I'd say you more than made up what you lost on that deal.
I would check the tire tread and age, change oils and fluids if you don't know the service history, and open up the CVT and check the belt, rollers, clutch, filter, etc. I'm not aware of any peculiarities with the 200 other than usual scooter stuff...several 200 riders around here that will chime in.

• Helpful
Reactions: Wolfgangpcx

· Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Welcome!
$1200?!?! Shoot I'd buy that although I don't need it. And swmbo says, No room in the garage.
Probably the biggest problem, which is common to all Burgers, is walking around with the Burgman Grin from riding it 😀

· Registered
2,617 Posts
If you don't have a maintenance history with receipts for it, do check the transmission (belt and rollers, and possibly the variator pulley faces). 10K is past the first mandatory belt replacement cycle, and if it hasn't been done yet it's not going to last much longer.

· Registered
47 Posts
Welcome!
$1200?!?! Shoot I'd buy that although I don't need it. And swmbo says, No room in the garage.
Probably the biggest problem, which is common to all Burgers, is walking around with the Burgman Grin from riding it 😀
Garage space is absolutely a factor ! One of my vehicles is destined to have permanent residence out on the drive now.
Space now owned by my new Burg 400...would dearly love to have a Silver Wing sitting next to it !

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Great tips all of those are excellent,the belt replacement is coming soon and the tires look great! I'm going to the dealer today for a filter (if it has one) and change oil. The dealer where she bought it new in '13 was a huge help in getting me a good deal,they offered to buy her Burg back for $400. LOL So she was very happy to get $1200 from me, also she had it listed as a "2009 Bown Autocycle" on Marketplace just to get it on there. LOL I knew what it was the second I saw it. All of those things helped align the planets to help get a great deal! The low ball offers from people for $600 didn't hurt either! LOL I asked if her price was firm and she said yes so I gladly shelled out the money after riding it and checking it out.They were nice people who just didn't need it anymore,clean title etc. and I felt safe. I feel lucky and blessed,you win some and you lose some. Thanks again for all your help from the members of this group.Ya'll make a guy feel welcome! Happy thanksgiving to all and enjoy the football tomorrow!! I'll be glued to the TV watching the Iron Bowl (among other games), it's a annual tradition here in Central Ala.I was at a riders party a few weeks ago and got to talk with and meet Jay Springsteen,a well known name for any of you that grew up as flattrack fans. He was a great guy! Thanks again everyone,Wayne

Attachments

· Registered
149 Posts
Welcome!
Well, that explains why my face hurts after riding several hours on my burgman.

· Registered
2,369 Posts
I'll just mention one thing that could save you a lot of grief. (Though having owned scooters before you're probably aware.) When you reassemble the CVT, be sure the variator nut clamps down onto the spacer and you're not clamping the pulley sheaves onto the belt (belt should be loose after tightening). I like to run it a few seconds before putting the cover back and then recheck the torque.

• Helpful
Reactions: Wolfgangpcx

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll just mention one thing that could save you a lot of grief. (Though having owned scooters before you're probably aware.) When you reassemble the CVT, be sure the variator nut clamps down onto the spacer and you're not clamping the pulley sheaves onto the belt (belt should be loose after tightening). I like to run it a few seconds before putting the cover back and then recheck the torque.
Good advice thnx!

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you don't have a maintenance history with receipts for it, do check the transmission (belt and rollers, and possibly the variator pulley faces). 10K is past the first mandatory belt replacement cycle, and if it hasn't been done yet it's not going to last much longer.
I did notice the revs have to hit almost 4K before she engages on take off. Other than that it's normal while riding. I just changed oil and charged the battery,I think I left the parking light on last night because the battery was very low this morning. one of the reasons I got it so cheap was the bezell around the key is missing so you have to do it by feel.

· Registered
2,617 Posts
I did notice the revs have to hit almost 4K before she engages on take off. Other than that it's normal while riding. I just changed oil and charged the battery,I think I left the parking light on last night because the battery was very low this morning. one of the reasons I got it so cheap was the bezell around the key is missing so you have to do it by feel.
The high RPM at clutch engagement is characteristic of the bike.

A trick to prevent leaving the parking lights on is to always turn the key all the way to the "park" position, then back one click to the "lock" position before removing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts