Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I was poking around since it's getting to be time to think about new tires, and noted that the TH01 front wasn't available on the motorcycle superstore site anymore. Instead it showed me a Battleax tire the BT-011 with no apparent front TH01 option.
I dropped 'em a line and they said they didn't think they were available anymore. So per their suggestion I checked the Bridgestone site & found no sign of the TH01, just a note on the Battleax SC link stating it was for big scoots and better than the TH01.

I admit I'm a bit chagrined since I had no issue with the TH01, but no love there I guess though I could probably nab something NOS still with a little poking around.

Anybody tried the new tires?

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dennis Kirk still lists the originals as well ~$200 for the set as well
I'm truly curious if someone has ridden the new Bridgestone's since they're touted as an upgrade.
I have ~4-5k left on mine before needing new tires, so I have time, but I do like to nab 'em early on so I have them when needed.

·
Administrator
18,749 Posts
I think that the BT-011 is not in the weight rating for our 650. Seem to remember some member tried it long ago and his installer refused to mount them.

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Poking around it does appear the SC is the replacement for the TH01, even found an old reference to it on this site.

Haven't seen much in the way of ride reports, and the references I see to it involve Tmax's vs. 650's so I guess time will tell.

If someone buys a set before I do please post a review.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts