Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently added to my stable and bought a VStar 1300 Deluxe to keep my Burgman 650 company in the garage. Now my dilemma is I want to ride both. I love a turnpike ride and the Burgie was a bit slow passing at Turnpike speeds. Nothing beats the Burgman riding the country roads in NE Ohio. Still breaking in the VStar but I love the rumble of the engine and when I think about passing it is instantaneous. I also bought a Zuma 125 for my wife who finally decided to try riding. She takes her MSF course this June. When I ride with wifey, I am always on the Burgie. All in all after riding the VStar I love riding the Burgman even more. I guess I just love riding. The VStar 1300 has made me appreciate my Burgman 650 more with each ride.

I never had any thought to replacing my Burgman only to add on to my hobby. I am in an excellent dilemma. Please keep the rubber side down. ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I went the opposite way than you did. I sold my 750 lb. 1200cc bike and replaced it with a VStar 650 Midnight Custom. It's 500 lbs. and will pull in high gear from about 30 MPH. I don't do much freeway riding as 90%+ of my riding are mountainous backroads that works well for both of my bikes. A big heavy bike does not do well in the mountains.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting! My wife and I have a Burgman 400 and we just bought a new Star Stryker 1300 and we sold our 2009 Zuma 125 (we bought it new in 2012) a few weeks ago. Much to our delight, the Yamaha dealer where we had the Zuma on consignment sold it in only two days for the price we were asking. The Zuma 125 is a great scooter and we had a ton of fun on ours. Actually, the odometer on the Zuma only had 1,030 miles on it when we sold it , but those thousand miles were fun!

We ordered a passenger backrest and luggage rack for the Stryker, but they are on back order. Hopefully, they will be iin by this Friday.

I took this picture of the Zuma the day we bought it. I replaced the mirrors with Yamaha C3 scooter mirrors, added a rear luggage rack, and installed a headlight rock guard for a more "off-road" look. Those C3 mirrors only coat $10 and you can see a lot more of what's behind you with them than you can with the stock lollypop ones. It makes a big difference in traffic.

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003afe0f8700212fc83c5f4/handle-switch-lever
Mirrors are parts number 14 and 15.

A few years ago, we owned a V Star 650 Custom too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts