Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive waited for the bell mag 9 helmet to come out in the lg and xlg size for several months and they finally did. I had so much problem with the Afx50 open face helmet cutting into my forehead and giving me headaches that i shelved it after the first ride. I was happy to see the Bell decided to make a copy of the afx. I figured I would give the bell a try even though it cost about twice as much. After my first test ride of 1000 miles to reno and back I am happy to say it is one comfortable helmet! The only problem is that where you usually slide the chatterbox intercom bracket up between the helmet and the padding bell as glued it solid. I thought about cutting into the glue but I didnt wish to attempt it on my brand new helmet so i cut the bracket off of the chatterbox and used velcro on the unit and helmet.. Works fine. I contacted J&m and they said they can do a custom install on the helmet if i send it to them. For now the chatterbox works. Ive use sunscreen for years with my open face helmets and with the bell it has a uv shield that worked well with no sunscreen. There is a drop down sunglass sheild inside that could be a bit darker. I hope they have that option to change it soon.
[attachment=0:2g1fagac]Mag9TitaniumP_detail.jpg[/attachment:2g1fagac]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Thanks for the review. How is the air flow inside? My current helmet is hot even with the shield open.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Not sure Bell copied anything - my Mag8 has been superb - quiet and comfie and if you can find your size very inexpensive for the tech you get.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant really tell you about the airflow since that trip was behind the picture window of my Yamaha Venture. Not much of anything can flow behind that. I can tell you that I can feel airflow as good as in my old hjc cl 31 even with the outer visor down. The air tends to whip up under the visor which may be a problem in the cold weather since that makes my eyes water. This last trip was in 92 degree weather and I was still very comfortable. I'll soon take it on a test ride with the Burgman's adjustable windscreen and let you know.
As far as the Mag 8 bell says they are discontinued but still available in some places. The main difference between the two is style and the mag 9 has a flip down sunglass inner shield.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
If you can feel the air moving then you have a better flow than my current helmet, HJC CL Max modular. It's OK in cool weather, but it is a sauna above 75°F.
Thanks for the update.

Ride safe :thumbup:
Wes

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have a bell Mag 9 I bought 2 months ago. I am happy with it overall, but my biggest pet peave is the air flow, NONE. How can you NOT figure out a way to get air to flow through a helmet at 60 mph? I tried when it was very hot, to pretty darn cold to ride with the vents open for a while, then closed. There is zero difference. This helmet is said to fit small, but I noticed mine did break in quite a bit. As far as the flip down shield, I am hoping Bell comes out with some options just for that, to have options. The flip down is my favorite accessory on the helmet.
I'm going to put mine "under the knife" and see if I can cut, drill, gouge my way to get some air flow. First I will try compressed air to see if mine is plugged and how it is suppose to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.