Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scooter now has a refrigerator!!!! Well technically it is a thermo-electric cooler/warmer but it works!!! I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and got the little unit for under $40. Now I can bring my own refreshments with me. It will hold 8 12oz cans or 4 bottles of soda :wink:. I had gotten the cooler with the idea of putting it in my garage so I wouldn't have to walk all the way to my kitchen (it is only 20 feet away but I am LAZY). Upon reading the manual for the cooler I saw it only consumed 44 watts. A quick check of the Burgman manual revealed a 120 watt maximum for the power source so I put it in the trunk, plugged it in and it started (quietly)humming away. So I guess now I have the "Coolest" Burgman around!!! :D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Very "cool" idea. 8)

·
Registered
822 Posts
hbtubes said:
My scooter now has a refrigerator!!!! Well technically it is a thermo-electric cooler/warmer but it works!!! I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and got the little unit for under $40. Now I can bring my own refreshments with me. It will hold 8 12oz cans or 4 bottles of soda :wink:. I had gotten the cooler with the idea of putting it in my garage so I wouldn't have to walk all the way to my kitchen (it is only 20 feet away but I am LAZY). Upon reading the manual for the cooler I saw it only consumed 44 watts. A quick check of the Burgman manual revealed a 120 watt maximum for the power source so I put it in the trunk, plugged it in and it started (quietly)humming away. So I guess now I have the "Coolest" Burgman around!!! :D
Now if someone could make a refrigerated helmet for those 100+ degree days!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Some teams in the US' National Football League have switched their gear over to a water cooled system. They shoulder and torso protectors have tubes routed throughout. When the players come off the field, the assistants hook each player up to a pump and ice chest using quick disconnects.

Sooooo, time to merge that cooler in the trunk to a web of tubing in the helmet... voila.. one frozen head. And, a cool head is always best on the roadways, right? :))

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds great but just one word of caution. If you leave them plugged into your bike without the engine running you may run your battery down real quick. I use to pull a tent trailer with a 12V fridge - stopped for lunch - one hour later the car engine barely started. Same with those CoolTron fridges - they can run your car battery down in about 3 hours.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cool, now you can sell cold beers to your biker friends. :D
Now, anyone knows where I can find a small microwave to
fit in the trunk of my Burgman 400? :oops:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 12 volt microwave ovens consume way more(~750 watts) than the 120 watt maximum on the Burgman but here is a site that has just about every appliance you can imagine in 12 volts

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/12volap.html

Now what should I get next? Coffee maker of frying pan? Hmmmmmm....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Speaking of Wal-Mart:

One day, in line at the company cafeteria, Joe says to Mike behind him,
"My elbow hurts like hell. I guess I better see a doctor."
"Listen, you don't have to spend that kind of money," Mike
replies. "There's a diagnostic computer down at Wal-Mart.
Just give it a urine sample and the computer will tell
you what's wrong and what to do about it. It takes ten seconds
and costs ten dollars...a lot cheaper than a doctor."
So Joe deposits a urine sample in a small jar and takes it to
Wal-Mart. He deposits ten dollars, and the computer lights up and
asks for the urine sample. He pours the sample into the slot and waits.
Ten seconds later, the computer ejects a printout: "You have
tennis elbow.

Soak your arm in warm water and avoid heavy activity. It will
improve in two weeks."
Thank you for shopping @ Wal-Mart.

That evening while thinking how amazing this new technology
was, Joe began wondering if the computer could be fooled.
He mixed some tap water, a stool sample from his dog, urine
samples from his wife and daughter, and a sperm sample for good
measure.

Joe hurries back to Wal-Mart, eager to check the results.
He deposits ten dollars, pours in his concoction, and awaits
the results.
The computer prints the following:
1. Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener. (Aisle 9)
2. Your dog has ringworm. Bathe him with anti-fungal shampoo. (Aisle 7)
3. Your daughter has a cocaine habit. Get her into rehab.
4. Your wife is pregnant, Twins. They aren't yours. Get a lawyer.
5. If you don't stop playing with yourself, your elbow will never get better.

Thank you for shopping @ Wal-Mart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts