Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what to buy...
Last Friday, I put a deposit down on a 05' 650. Suppose to go back this friday and pick up!
The question is.. I would like to buy/install a back rest/luggage rest and a new windshield(taller & wider) than stock.
What & where should I purchase these items and are they easy to install.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Soon to be proud owner :D

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Congrats Marty! Hey man - I say ride it a bit first, then think about what you'd like to get. Right off the boat these babies are great. I knew I wanted a stereo so I handled that first. Where will you be riding your new suzuki?

Oh I just looked...Texas. Hey Marty - throw us a bone and update your profile so we'll know in cases like this. Geographic areas impact recommendations! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
The question is.. I would like to buy/install a back rest/luggage rest and a new windshield(taller & wider) than stock.
What & where should I purchase these items and are they easy to install.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to check with your dealer to see if they are reasonably available from him and can be installed by him. Dealer installed accessories are usually warrantied. It is worth checking, to be sure.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
To imagine that you'd need anything without actually having your actual conveyance is a bit (seemingly to me), uh, anxious.

I read what was asked, but I still stand by my opine docta.

If anything, I'd guess, what is "easy" would be tunes or a windshield.

Why get anything till you get the wind in through the some gills?

Throwin a bone tho - docta is right...make and bake all you can through a responsible party. Other than that, it's just hard earned cash that you should watch out for.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Marty,

I would recommend Clearview for the windscreen. They make them in four different sizes for the Burgman 650, and offer an optional adjustable vent as well. It is not very difficult to swap a windscreen. I would suggest that you ride it with the stock windscreen first though. If it is not satisfactory, call Clearview and discuss which size you need.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

Givi also makes a windscreen for the 650, but it comes in only one size and the optics aren't quite as good as Clearview. There is also a backdraft issue with the Givi design which has bothered some folks. I've tried both brands, and I wasn't very impressed with the Givi screen, but some members have been satisfied with it.

I'd recommend that you think about a top box rather than just a backrest and rack. They are very handy, and function quite well as a backrest. Givi is my recommendation for top boxes. They make fine products in that category, and have several different sizes and styles that will fit the Burgman 650. They also do offer a simple passenger backrest also. A good source for Givi products is Arizona Motorsports.

http://store.azmusa.com/gimoluandwi.html

There is also a Suzuki accessory backrest & rack I think.

Installation of a passenger backrest or a top box does require drilling several holes in the rear body panel. Some members have done this installation themselves and it has gone well. Some less courageous folks (like me) have paid the dealer to do the installation.

Congrats on ordering your new Burgman. I am sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Getting some TUNES would be my first project.

Also, if you go with a topbox, I don't think you can use an add-on backrest. Usually the topboxes, higher end, come with an option for a backrest.

But yeah, get some miles under the belt, figure out where you might be needy. For me, my first purchases will be TUNES, and a topbox. My last purchase will be a trailer.

Dreeeeeaaaaaammm, dream, dream, dream....

I just can't wait to get mine.
That way I can be a member of the Grand Order of the ICOBO!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts