Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 67 years old, been riding 2 wheelers most of my adult like. Currently own a CamAm Spyder and a Honda Silverwing and now a 2005 Burgman 650AN GS/RS with 6000 miles on her. Spoke to the original owner, came with GIVI tall windscreen and the original windscreen, a cover, 2 keys and original owners manual and tool kit. I don't think I stole it but I feel I paid a decent price. Looks to be in excellent condition, no scraps or scratches, original tires with no visible dry rot. Stored inside it's entire life. I plan on changing all fluids etc and already have the new stopper bolt. Looking forward to casual riding this spring and summer, not planning any long haul trips.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to,the fold

These scooters are powerful and go fast I wouldn't care how good the tires look. Ten year old OEM tires need to be replaced

May be the most expensive $150 bucks you have ever saved.

Cheers

Blakers

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Although I normally would suggest replacing ten year old tires. I think this time I may agree with your decision elkk. I say this because of the experience you've had riding, and the fact you plan on only riding locally and not planning any long trips. I do hope if you do any freeways or high speed riding you ride your CanAm or Silverwing.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Tires go pretty quick on these beasts. Maybe replace them a little sooner than later, but you should be okay.

Congratulations and Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts