Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a new 400 has an available optional low seat height there is a dealer advertising three different ones on cycle trader in Redondo Beach and I have called them to make sure as my wife loves her 200 but would love a little bigger bike but the seat is just to tall so they had to check but no return call I can’t find out anything on the Suzuki web page and my local dealer doesn’t know anything about it either

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I dont think you can adjust the height of the seat. It opens and closes on a pivot. The only thing you can do , like the older, is just adjust the driver backrest.
Another option may be to bring it to a furniture reupholstery shop and taking some foam out but that probably will affect the feel.. Maybe ypu replace ot with a silicone butt pad inside afterwards

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t think it could be done but that dealer is stating the way I read it is Suzuki is offering an optional seat that is lower from the factory so that’s what I’m trying to see if anyone has heard that

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ah got it. I thought they were saying its adjustable. Maybe its something that's an option with the newer models. Good luck

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Many brands and model bikes do have lower seats as an option.

But that I know, none for any Burgman.

Reactions: Gfines and Mike33

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
I wish swmbo had a 400 cc seat !

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
As mentioned, an appolstry shop could shave some off, and you'll have a very good chance of getting a more comfortable seat to boot.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I didn’t think it could be done but that dealer is stating the way I read it is Suzuki is offering an optional seat that is lower from the factory so that’s what I’m trying to see if anyone has heard that
One would think that such an option would be listed under "Accessories" on the Suzuki web site, but it is not. I have my doubts.
This is an outfit that modified the seat on my 2013 AN400. Their work is first-rate and I believe they could do exactly what you want.
I would also suggest that your wife obtain some riding boots with big heels. A female friend of mine who is 5' 1" rides a 2013 AN400 with a pair.

Reactions: Gfines

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if a new 400 has an available optional low seat height there is a dealer advertising three different ones on cycle trader in Redondo Beach and I have called them to make sure as my wife loves her 200 but would love a little bigger bike but the seat is just to tall so they had to check but no return call I can’t find out anything on the Suzuki web page and my local dealer doesn’t know anything about it either
You may want to contact Sergeant Seat in Jacksonville, Florida. They do custom work so who knows - they may could help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I'll try that the dealer on cycletrader never even got back in touch I kinda of feel sorry for them paying for ads having the personal to answer the phone only for nothing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts