Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Just got my an400k5 (silver)yesterday 1-18-05and it was too late and too cold to try to ride so I waited untill today and after only 9 miles it was still too cold. noticed a few differances from the 650, it takes a few more rpm to move , I realy miss engine braking and the one that I dednot expect on the 650 I looked over the top of the givi windscreen on the 400 I look through it. The 400 also feels muich lighter and nimble than the 650, beginning to look like I made a good choice for me with my limmitations. more miles (smiles) will tell Dewight

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
There will always be trade offs, Things you miss, or got use to . As for your screen, if you find like me that you can not get use to looking through it, it can be cut down.
But in the end it all come down to smiles per mile just like you said. :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the new Burgman 400 Dewight. It's a different beast than the 650, but that doesn't stop you from enjoying it just the same. Thoght the weather this time of year may slow you down a bit.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Dewight, SHHHHHHHHH, don't let it get out that the 400 is so much nicer than the Lardy, or they will be running down to trade them in. Then there will be a shortage of 400's and the prices will go up. :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
You shouldn't mind Ted ... you already own one. :lol:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You're right Bill, but I might have to get a second one in a different color.
:lol:
FWIW, any prospective buyers in N.C. can get an '05 Silver at Ricky Hendrick Honda/Suz, Pineville (near Charlotte) for $4999 + tax. No other gimmicks the salesman told me. I've been shopping for a friend who doesn't do internet stuff.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Congratulation on the 400! I just got my pre-loved one and enjoy it alot.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Like Nancy, mine has some other-owner-generated miles on it. But the smiles are still there, behind my face shield, while the wind whistles by. I'm starting to go through things as completely as I (a non-mechanic) can just to approach the sort of perfection you're experiencing right off the showroom floor. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
congratulations kc4pbl:

Did anyone notice that it's silver Burgman's 4 to 1 (so far), but then why not we all heard of "Quick Silver" :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Randy,

I had the choice of silver or blue when I bought my 400. It was a tough choice seeing them side by side. My only regret in choosing the blue one (after debating at the dealer for at least 30 minutes) is that I think the blue shows dirt more than the silver.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Dewight - congrats on the svelte - look forward to hearing more as you rack up the (s)miles! :wink:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I wanted Silver because it matches my helmet better than a blue would. :wink:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tryed to get a blue one , and waitede 2 or 3 weeks but could find one nore could I get a timeline on getting one so I got the silver that was on the floor , and the blue tail box dosnt look too bad on the rear in fact the contrast looks kind of nice Dewight

·
Registered
553 Posts
The Silver Eagle

Randy said:
congratulations kc4pbl:

Did anyone notice that it's silver Burgman's 4 to 1 (so far), but then why not we all heard of "Quick Silver" :lol:
That's why I call mine The Silver Eagle :lol: :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Silver or Blue

billmeek said:
Randy,

I had the choice of silver or blue when I bought my 400. .
Originally I was going to buy the Blue, but when I saw the Silver one sitting there (They only had the blue and black ones when we saw them last summer) I could not believe that it looked that good in the Silver (the brochure does not do it justice) and it would be a little while before they got a blue one in. And in reallity The Silver is probably a safer color for other drivers to see, especially at night. And I ain't sorry I choose The Silver Eagle :lol: and the 400cc (385cc) seems to be the perfect compromise of power, manuverability(ck spelling) gas milage and comfort for me and my wife. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts