Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post a quick update to my new member post. After a month long search of used 400s, I finally said screw it, and brought home a new 2022 Burgman 400.

as I briefly mentioned, I’ve been riding big touring bikes for the last 25 years. I’ve got a real bad hip from college football, and a 29 year law enforcement career (retired). Last year I was hospitalized with a rare disease that affected my brain. After countless weeks in the hospital, I returned home, convinced that I’d never ride again.. or walk, for that matter. I sold m my Moto Guzzi and my Roadglide special. I just couldn’t bare to look at them. Long story short, I’m blessed to be feeling better, and back on two wheels.

I’ve only had the scoot less than 24 hrs, but I can confidently say that I haven’t had this much fun riding in years. What a blast. I cannot believe how light and nimble this Suzuki feels. Now I’m just looking for reasons to hop on the bike.

Thanks to all for the wonderful information. I’ve been on countless forums over the years, but this place seems so positive & informative . I hope I don’t annoy everyone with my questions in the future (God forbid they actually gave me a dealer “walk thru” of the bike). Goin for ride…

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Welcome aboard the board JakeyLee. Your new ride is not only FUN, it's also very capable as you wil find out. Glad your health is heading in the right direction.

· Registered
70 Posts
JakeyLee : congrats on your new ride! After break-in period, things get even better! Glad to hear your health has improved and that you are back on 2 wheels. Here is to a great 2022!!!

· Registered
1 Posts
Glad you are "back in the saddle". I'm also a Senior citizen, 75 more precisely, & just returned to riding after 17 years. Found a low mileage 2008 Burgman 400 w/Instatrike "B" trike conversion. I took MC safety compliance course in TX recently. My mind said I still had all the balance I used to have decades ago, but reality set in. The intense course made me realize I'm not the young man I once was. The trike configuration is great for me at this time in my life, but cornering is a skill in itself. I hope you enjoy riding as I do.

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
getting older has it's advantages,
what I once could do many times all night, I can now do once and take all night to do it :devilish:

• Sad
Reactions: BurgDanno

· Registered
71 Posts
I just wanted to post a quick update to my new member post. After a month long search of used 400s, I finally said screw it, and brought home a new 2022 Burgman 400.

as I briefly mentioned, I’ve been riding big touring bikes for the last 25 years. I’ve got a real bad hip from college football, and a 29 year law enforcement career (retired). Last year I was hospitalized with a rare disease that affected my brain. After countless weeks in the hospital, I returned home, convinced that I’d never ride again.. or walk, for that matter. I sold m my Moto Guzzi and my Roadglide special. I just couldn’t bare to look at them. Long story short, I’m blessed to be feeling better, and back on two wheels.

I’ve only had the scoot less than 24 hrs, but I can confidently say that I haven’t had this much fun riding in years. What a blast. I cannot believe how light and nimble this Suzuki feels. Now I’m just looking for reasons to hop on the bike.

Thanks to all for the wonderful information. I’ve been on countless forums over the years, but this place seems so positive & informative . I hope I don’t annoy everyone with my questions in the future (God forbid they actually gave me a dealer “walk thru” of the bike). Goin for ride…
Just rx'd my 2023 Burg 400 this week ! Between this forum and Mitch's Scooter Stuff you can find out as much as there is to know about this unit...

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Hoooraay !:D is the 23 still a super chick magnet? have you done the emergency seat release mod yet?

Reactions: B4002023

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
it's in case you get distracted and somehow lock keys in trunk, lotsa threads on here showing how to do it, it's simple easy and cheap and if you ever hafta use it, invaluable !

Reactions: Dave_J and B4002023
1 - 20 of 22 Posts