Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I usually skip the "introduce yourself" posts. But it looked pretty friendly around here and I figured I might find local riders to ride with come spring.

I've been riding scoots for about 4 years now. 1st one was a 50cc chinese that I got on a barter deal just to pick up a "fun toy" for myself. I rode that for 4 years, upgraded to a 300CC 2012 chinese touring scoot with only 700 miles on it. I've had a hate love relationship with it this year but I still managed to put 2500 miles on it this summer. Then just 2 weeks ago I struck a deal on a 2004 Burgman 400. She's got some miles on her (30,000) but I must say, WOW! I'll take my higher mile burgman over the low mile chinese anyday. :D I now see what the fuss is all about. I'e put 350 miles on her the last 2 weeks and will be driving it to work tomorrow. It may very well be the last ride before snowfall ruins all the fun.

Anyway, since moving up to a larger scooter, my wife has taken a love of riding with me. We took quite a few rides this summer. In the spring I have hopes of finding others to ride with. I see lone scooter riders all the time in the area but have never met any.

In the meantime, I'll be browsing the forum and surely asking a few questions. I hope to go over this bike and get maintenance done over the winter so I'll be set to ride in 2015 trouble free.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://www.meetup.com/A-C-W-Scooter-Riders/

Maybe this scooter group isn't too far from you. Looks like a nice one and they have some Burgmans. It's a lot of fun riding with fellow owners.

Congratulations on the 400 purchase. And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations on the new Burg and I'm glad you found us - it's always good to have a fresh voice in the mix. Welcome from sunny Tampa!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome! I'm in the Cleveland area and look forward to meeting up with some other riders for some jaunts (always looking for a tasty bite to eat) in the spring. Learn as much as you can (try to get some repair manuals) about your scoot, the knowledge will prove very worthwhile in the long run. Maybe your wife will get tired of riding behind you and will want her own to pilot, scooter fever is pretty catchy!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I left Ohio in 1972 for Florida and have never had to winterize a bike again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am Byron Lee, living in Parma. I suddenly have two Burgmans; a great 400 and a dropped 650. I am getting a service repair estimate from a local Suzuki dealer. I doubt they will be getting this job. I found a couple of highly rated sources for original Suzuki "Tupperware" to replace the damaged panels. I am looking for an experienced Burgman tech who does work on his own and could replace the front end of this magnificent scooter. A surprising amount of the scooter is undamaged. I have never owned a luxo scooter before these. I have had a number of motorcycles. My current ride is a 1985 BMW K100. I took a short ride on the "better than new" '07 400 last weekend, I was extremely pleased with the experience. It is a distinctly different riding experience from my motorcycles, and in many ways better. Any suggestions for a service technician in the Cleveland, Ohio area would be wonderful service to me. Thank you in advance, Byron

·
Registered
5 Posts
My name is Byron lee and I live in Parma.
Thank you for the welcome, Model28a. I wonder if you had a service tech who worked on some of your bikes when you lived up here? I dig the selection you listed. I look forward to appreciating the luxo scooter experience. I suddenly came into possession of two Burgmans; a better than new '07 400 and a dropped '06 650. I can get all the parts readily, but I want someone who is experienced on Burgman or re-assembling "Tupperware" in the scooter repair market. I don't know if you recall the suspense and frustration of buying a great ride at just the beginning of a Cleveland winter. I've got it bad. Best Regards, Byron

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

ByronLee, I wish I could help you but 1972 was a long time ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts