Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
I thought Dunlop was American and made in USA, one of the reasons i went with them.
No, Dunlop started in Dublin then moved headquarters to Coventry, England then Birmingham.
”Fort Dunlop“ is a major landmark visible from the M6 motorway north of Birmingham (horrible bit of road).

It became part of the Sumitomo group decades ago. Dunlop have R&D facilities spread around the world.
Continental operated the brand in US.

Edit : typo(s)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
... snipped ... I have bad news chaps ... Older Burgman 400s with Hoops were “G” too :) Good luck finding it on your sidewall, but I bet it’s in your manual. Silverwings in the same size would be, I think, an “F”
I just swapped out the original HOOPS rear tire on my '09 Silver Wing with a newer Bridgestone HOOPS "G" designated tire. I was wondering what the "G" designation stood for. I thought maybe it was an upgraded version of the old HOOPS tire I replaced that did not have a "G" designation on it. I bought the HOOPS replacement tire off of Kijiji (like CL) so I don't know the history of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recently, I sold my 2011 burgman 400 after nearly two years of regular riding. I enjoyed the spirited but not overwhelming acceleration, good handling, and sleek design. I sold it because the ride was jarring, and it was approaching 10k miles.
Well, yesterday I bought a brand new 2022 400, which was hard to find even nationally. I didn't test drive it, but reviewed the details and changes from past models.
I am blown away, figuratively and literally, at the enhanced acceleration, handling, and nimble cornering compared to the 2011 400. The front 15inch wheel really absorbs bumps better than the old bike.
The matte silver paint doesn't shine like the white sparkle clear coat on the 2011 400. However my wife loves the look better than the 2011.
I paid $10,200 out the door, and ordered a givi high windscreen for around $136, to replace the tiny crotch rocket stock screen. I retained my Nelson riggs rear bag and soft saddle bags. This 2022 400 is almost surreal with its rocket like acceleration and uncanny handling.
I wonder if there are any other rider comments about the 2022 burgman AN-400. Thanks
I wonder if any
I agree with you. I sold my 2014 Burgman 400 and bought my 2022 Burgman. I love it. I handles like a motorcycle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought, and returned the next day, a Kymco 300, and then bought the 2022 Burgman 400. I sat on the Kymco 550, and noticed that you have a very high hump in the step thru that your right foot has to clear. And the seat height is higher than the low Burgman 400. Not for me.

I am totally amazed at the 2022 400's enhanced acceleration, almost like a kids crotch rocket, improved nimble handling, and that 15 inch front tire that absorbs jolts endured with the past 2011 Burgman 400 that I drove for almost two years.

I also think that the Suzuki Burgman is a higher quality bike compared to the Kymco. At least, I am more comfortable owning a Suzuki, in which I am familiar, after owning several 400's and Suzuki Burgman 650s (and a BMW 650, which was too top heavy and difficult to maneuver in a parking lot for me.

Thanks DarisPaker.

Cordially,

Don Castle
Phoenix, Arizona
I was going to buy a Kymko 550 but all I could do was sit on one. They would not let me test drive one. While sitting on it, I noticed I had to lean forward to gram the handle bar grips. On the new 2022 Burgman the grips are right there in easy reach. So, I bought a 2022 Burgman 400 and so glad I did.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For those that might be considering a 2022 400, I thought I would post a image that depicts how the mpg of mine has changed from new, through the break-in period, to where it is now.

I track mileage and maintenance using an app called ‘RoadTrip’. This is screen shot of the fuel summary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am happy to hear that you also are riding a 2022 400. Wonder how you purchased it so cheap? The best price I could find nationally was $7995, plus fees. What city do you live in?
My Givi windshield was ordered from Tour and Ride.Com. The model is D3115ST, for $136.80, no tax, and free shipping! This was the best price I could find on-line. Height is 29.5" and width is 26.3". I look forward to a quieter ride, as I had a Givi tall windshield on my 2011 400.
This morning, I attached my softpack rear case and soft panniers under the seat. I had to clear the shock absorber under the seat, but I got both softpack and panniers to successfully attach so the panniers don't interfere with my legs while riding.

I wanted a backrest like on the 2011 400, but the only backrest I could find for the 2022 400 is about $144, with $25 shipping. The backrest has a doughnut hole in the middle, which I don't like.

I also had a hard wires stereo installed on my old 2011 400, which eventually failed. So I bought a rechargeable cylinder type radio, which as to be mounted to the dash someway. Do you have any radios on your 2022 400?
I rode Honda Goldwings when I was in my 40's. I will be 67 on the 4th of July and battling a complex case of both Hodgkins and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Cancer. So I am really greatful to be able to ride such a fun bike; more fun than the Corvette that I just sold, in fact.

All in all, a huge improvement with ride, acceleration, handling, and safety features compared to the 2011 400 that I put about 5,000 miles on, in under two years. And how do you like the blue rims?

Thanks for your response.

Don Castle, MPA
Phoenix, Arizona
Sounds like your 2-wheel experience like mine....rode Goldwings back in the day...always have Helix's tho'..just got my 2023 Burg 400 this week, have already ordered the D3115ST windshield....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like your 2-wheel experience like mine....rode Goldwings back in the day...always have Helix's tho'..just got my 2023 Burg 400 this week, have already ordered the D3115ST windshield....
Just got my 2023 B400 last week. First thing I did was order the D3115ST from TourAndRide, got it in 3 days !!. The breakin period is going to be excruiating for my anxiety to bring it up to speed.......

41 - 56 of 56 Posts