Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I’d been on the lookout for a Burgman or Silverwing for a few months, having concluded either would suit my needs. But they would either sell too quickly for me to snag them, or they’d have concerningly-high mileage for the price.

I finally found this one in a FB Marketplace post about three hours’ drive from Richmond. It was a 2006 with about 7,000 miles, listed for $2,250. I figured I’d drive out and take a look to make sure it was in excellent condition, as advertised.

My son and I drove our Nissan van to the seller’s house in West Virginia and the scooter did appear to be in excellent condition, so I bought it. We carefully removed the windshield, loaded it into the van, and drove home through the curvy roads of West Virginia, all the while I was wishing that my 14-year-old son had been old enough to drive the van by himself so I could ride the scooter home.

Since getting it home, I gave it a thorough bath and once over. I’ll be changing all the fluids again soon. I’m hoping the DMV opens soon so I can get it titled and registered in my state. Until then, it’s fun to look at.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I want to laugh but I don't want you to hear me. This covid lockdown really screws things up. Any idea when the DMV will open? Just checked here in NJ and saw that you have to physically register a new or used vehicle. But you can renew it by mail or Internet. By the way nice ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to laugh but I don't want you to hear me. This covid lockdown really screws things up. Any idea when the DMV will open? Just checked here in NJ and saw that you have to physically register a new or used vehicle. But you can renew it by mail or Internet. By the way nice ride.
Same here in Virginia. They are taking appointments for in-person services. I got one for Friday, 3-JUL, but my fear is that they're actually going to be closed on that day due to the holiday. No idea when they're going to go back to normal walk-ins.

I have considered printing "DMV CLOSE - PLATE PENDING" on a sheet of paper and taping it where my plate is supposed to go.

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
while you got that shield off,,,, toss it ! givi or clearview shields will help a lot

Btw welcome, you and son will have a blast on it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We all feel your pain. It feels good knowing the scoot is legit and on the property ready for a anytime ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts