Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had numerous bikes in my days. Honda ST90, Ct70, Ct110, Honda Twinstar 200, Honda Rebel 450, Honda Shadow 750 Ace Deluxe, Kawasaki Ke100 (for sale by the way), PGO BuBu 125 scooter, Derbi Boulevard 150, and a Western Flyer minibike. I don't think I have enjoyed any bike like I am enjoying my Burgman. I have had it 8 days and almost to the 500 mile break in. I cannot wait until I can drive it like normal! This bike fits my all around needs beyond what I have ever had. No more strappping crap on the seat or rack and wonder if it is gonna make it to my next stop. Then worry someone will take it while out of site. The underseat storage is huge and lock tight, water tight and out of site. I love the automatic. No more shifting just twist and go and enjoy the ride without wearing my wrist and foot out. I mainly do city driving so I was shifting all the time non stop. I can move my feet around to different positions. I can put stuff in the glove box or compartments and get to it while riding. I can take my glasses off at dusk and have somewhere to put them. All the guages are awesome as one can figure out what is going on. Why do they put gas guages on scoots but not 10 or 20,000 dollar bikes? It makes no sense. The parking brake is great because how many people always park on flat ground? A passenger back rest comes on the bike. I did not have to spend 400.00 or more for a cycle backrest. Gripes, I have a couple. Windshield is to low and I would like to start the bike while on the side stand. Pretty minor though. The bike is smooth and snappy and handles great. I love the way it take corners. This is a urban dream. Get one and get it fast. You will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be buying one for my wife soon to replace her Shadow 500. She loves it as well as I do. It is a competition to see who gets to run around town and to the store. Her shadow just sits now as she hops on the back if we both go somewhere. I guess the back is very comfortable she tells me. I love how quiet the Burger is. With bikes I wondered if I was always annoying the neighbors. Now I can come and go anytime. It also get a ton of attention when I gas up or go to the store. It is awesome to not have a bike that looks like 99% of every other bike on the road. This Burgman line is gonna open peoples eyes. More more chain maint. How awesome is that. I don't have to sling grease all over the place after lubing the chain. I have never had a bike with the headlights the Burgman has. I never could see at night very well with any of the past bikes I have owned. These lights light up a football field in front of you. I might actually see a deer or road debris for once. As you can tell I love my Burger and will keep posting my progress. Thanks and sorry so long but wanted to cover it all. Mark

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mark,

Good post! You know, as we get used to these machines and put more and more miles on them, we tend to focus more on the stuff that we'd like to see added or improved. And, in truth, there are some things that Suzuki could improve on future models. But it is great to read an enthusiastic new owner post like yours and be reminded of all the stuff that these machines really do excel at!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Mark,
I am glad to hear that you and your wife are both enjoying the new Burgman. May you have many, many safe and enjoyable miles on it in the future. 8)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome Mark (and wife)!

Isn't having fun what life's about? :D Wishing you lots of happy and safe miles ahead,

Bryna

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mark Mettler said:
I have had numerous bikes in my days. Honda ST90, Ct70, Ct110, Honda Twinstar 200, Honda Rebel 450, Honda Shadow 750 Ace Deluxe, Kawasaki Ke100 (for sale by the way), PGO BuBu 125 scooter, Derbi Boulevard 150, and a Western Flyer minibike. I don't think I have enjoyed any bike like I am enjoying my Burgman. I have had it 8 days and almost to the 500 mile break in. I cannot wait until I can drive it like normal! This bike fits my all around needs beyond what I have ever had. No more strappping crap on the seat or rack and wonder if it is gonna make it to my next stop. Then worry someone will take it while out of site. The underseat storage is huge and lock tight, water tight and out of site. I love the automatic. No more shifting just twist and go and enjoy the ride without wearing my wrist and foot out. I mainly do city driving so I was shifting all the time non stop. I can move my feet around to different positions. I can put stuff in the glove box or compartments and get to it while riding. I can take my glasses off at dusk and have somewhere to put them. All the guages are awesome as one can figure out what is going on. Why do they put gas guages on scoots but not 10 or 20,000 dollar bikes? It makes no sense. The parking brake is great because how many people always park on flat ground? A passenger back rest comes on the bike. I did not have to spend 400.00 or more for a cycle backrest. Gripes, I have a couple. Windshield is to low and I would like to start the bike while on the side stand. Pretty minor though. The bike is smooth and snappy and handles great. I love the way it take corners. This is a urban dream. Get one and get it fast. You will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be buying one for my wife soon to replace her Shadow 500. She loves it as well as I do. It is a competition to see who gets to run around town and to the store. Her shadow just sits now as she hops on the back if we both go somewhere. I guess the back is very comfortable she tells me. I love how quiet the Burger is. With bikes I wondered if I was always annoying the neighbors. Now I can come and go anytime. It also get a ton of attention when I gas up or go to the store. It is awesome to not have a bike that looks like 99% of every other bike on the road. This Burgman line is gonna open peoples eyes. More more chain maint. How awesome is that. I don't have to sling grease all over the place after lubing the chain. I have never had a bike with the headlights the Burgman has. I never could see at night very well with any of the past bikes I have owned. These lights light up a football field in front of you. I might actually see a deer or road debris for once. As you can tell I love my Burger and will keep posting my progress. Thanks and sorry so long but wanted to cover it all. Mark
Glad you like it! As soon as my wife get more experience on her new 50 cc Honda, I will probably get her the 400 Burgman as well. So far, she thinks my 650 is just too big. We'll see how she feels in a few months. Welcome and have fun! A lot of old bike vets here, now riding scooters. Amazing kinda...Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts