Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my new 400 up yesterday rode it home bout 20 miles got up early today in order to ride some more. Just a great machine I have a 350 BV but the 400 so far is my favorite. Have been ridding less than a year am a ole guy but sure enjoy it. I live in the Dallas Texas area we have lots of days for me to learn and get experience. At my age don't have all the tech skills you younger folks do so hope I put this in the right area. Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum have been looking & learning from y'all.:cool:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
cw3van it sure is refreshing to see someone introduce themselves in there first post, thank you. Welcome to the best Burgman forum on the web. There is a lot good information here, look around and you will learn most everything you need to know about your new bike. Then if you have any questions just ask, most everyone here are friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks model28a for the welcome & yes this is a very good forum can't stay off it trying to just glean everything I can about my new bike so much to learn. Thanks again for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Welcome from NW Texas...
y'all got a good bunch of Burgman riders
in the DFW metromess.....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

This is my standard recommendation for riding the 400...

Depending on riding style, terrain and load, the clutch pads have a tendency to heat up and glaze after a while, 5k-12k miles. It's not a big deal and happens on most CVTs. The glaze just need to be sanded off. The shops I've had it done at charge $40-90.

However, to help alleviate this, try to blip the throttle on take-off to 4500 rpm, then adjust your speed accordingly. This maneuver will engage the clutch quickly and limit heat buildup. You can't avoid heating the clutch altogether, but this technique will lessen the severity and extend the time between deglazings.

Congratulations! Enjoy, you will love the bike!

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm moving from Indiana to the Austin area in the next 2 months! Welcome to the addictive world of the Burgman 400!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome! Kinda of an old guy here too, just turned 50 a few days ago. Like you I'm really enjoying the 400 Burgman.
50!!! You're just a baby. Try being 70 like me. I just got an '08 400 2 weeks ago.I had a 650 a couple years ago. Sold that and went Chinese 150 for the past year. Came across this 400 with 5200 miles and I snatched it up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm 62 and female and just got my 2013 400 last week. Have been riding for about 4 years, started on a '95 Harley Sportser (hated it), then to a Suzuki C-50 (didn't like it, couldn't not drop it), then to a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 (liked it), now on the 400 and Love it. Who knew there was a two wheeler out there so easy and fun to ride. I'm loving going around all the twisties here in CO!

Jackie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts