Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I have been reading this forum from quite a while now. I have only ask a couple of questions but I have learned a wealth of information on this forum. Most of the folks on here seem to be (good ole boys) as we would say here in Claremore Oklahoma. I have a 2002 Bajaj Legend (150cc) that I bought new in Feb. of 2003 and today I came home with a silver 2005 AN400 Burgman which at this moment has 31 miles on it. It was a cold ride home but what a ride. Even though it is cold weather I know that it will not stay on 31 miles very long. Thanks to all you guys for all the info whish helped me decide on the 400 burgman. I have a lot of back trouble and also have had surgery on one knee and I guess I will have to have surgery on the other and the burgman seems to be the answer for someone in my condition. No gears to shift, easy on and off, storage space, protection from the wind ect. I do have a new question if you don't mind. On the rear shock adjuster the manual talks about clockwise and counter clockwise. Since the adjuster knob is underneath and the bolt pointing up is the clockwise/counter clockwise from looking from the top or bottom. In other words if the knob were a right hand bolt head or nut would clockwise be in the direction as if you were tightening the bolt or nut. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the new 400 Steve. Don't let a little cool weather keep you from racking up the smiles ... urrr ... miles. :D

To adjust the suspension, use the perspective from the outside of the adjuster knob (ie looking up at it).

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yep. Right is tight. I use factory recommended and it works for me, but I think most folks like their ride more firm.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I guess norm must be sleepin

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
allwalk said:
swstiles said:
Norm never sleeps.....he must be at the pub!
Hi Steve

Sorry - glad you made the sensible and svelte choice I am sure you will be having miles and miles of smiles.

Look forward to hearing what you think once you are confident enough to throw it around a bit.

Cheers! :lol:

PS: I wasn't at the pub - Bleeder is pulling my chain for posting too much! :wink: :lol:

PPS: Dont mention the Malossi word. :sad5:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few more miles

Man is it cold for riding (wind chill 5 deg. below zero) but I couldn't help it :roll: I put 10 more miles on the 400 today and it never even whimpered about the cold. Of course I did, that's why I only with 10 miles
What a wonderful Chrismas present :santa:

NormanB said:
allwalk said:
swstiles said:
Norm never sleeps.....he must be at the pub!
Hi Steve

Sorry - glad you made the sensible and svelte choice I am sure you will be having miles and miles of smiles.

Look forward to hearing what you think once you are confident enough to throw it around a bit.

Cheers! :lol:

PS: I wasn't at the pub - Bleeder is pulling my chain for posting too much! :wink: :lol:

PPS: Dont mention the Malossi word. :sad5:

·
Registered
793 Posts
In The Begun

Normy,
Of course you are my bright little star, a Malossi Varator owner!
It riles them to believe that you perceive the website they weave.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: In The Begun

ajwood said:
Normy,
Of course you are my bright little star, a Malossi Varator owner!
It riles them to believe that you perceive the website they weave.
Thanks AJ - I think :scratch:
Merry Christmas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts