Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I finally found the one i wanted with only 2700 miles and flawless. Changed all fluids and took it for a 60 mile run and was great. Wife is only 4"11 and loved the extra room she has compared to old bike(1997 Honda Magna) but her feet barely touch floorboard so i ordered the "Five Star Ride" foot pegs for her. As for me i ordered the "Throttlemeister" because of my severe arthritis.

All in all its a great bike and glad to be riding again. Only rode 35 miles last 2 years on old bike due to my hand not wanting to pull clutch so often.

I'm up north in Indiana if there's anyone else that would like to ride :eek:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Been there....

Try a palm throttle as well.

http://www.throttlerocker.com

Takes a lot of pressure off when you cannot use the throttle lock.

Just be a bit careful getting used to it but your right hand will thank you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats on your new Burgman 650 and I am glad to hear that it will allow you (and your wife) to ride more.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Been there....

Try a palm throttle as well.

http://www.throttlerocker.com

Takes a lot of pressure off when you cannot use the throttle lock.

Just be a bit careful getting used to it but your right hand will thank you.
Gotta say, i love my cramp buster. Simple design, but works well. You can spin it around and put it in a neutral position for regular riding. Then move it up a half inch or so when cruising on the freeway. Just rest your wrist on it. No grip needed. Cruise all day, cramp free.

When you get off the freeway, spin it around again to neutral. And repeat as necessary.

I've even forgone a throttle lock because it works so well. Just need to be mindful of its position when riding. Don't want to bump it when not needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotta say, i love my cramp buster. Simple design, but works well. You can spin it around and put it in a neutral position for regular riding. Then move it up a half inch or so when cruising on the freeway. Just rest your wrist on it. No grip needed. Cruise all day, cramp free.

When you get off the freeway, spin it around again to neutral. And repeat as necessary.

I've even forgone a throttle lock because it works so well. Just need to be mindful of its position when riding. Don't want to bump it when not needed.
Thanks for the input. Im gonna order one for sure. :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
where in Aus? ...dude
Just a Nickname lol...I'm in the US...Portage Indiana
geez can't beleive anything ya see on the interweb .... ;)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have found that the narrow Throttle Rocker works better for me. I have both the narrow and the wide (like in the picture above) still haven't found a bike I like the wide one on. With the narrow Throttle Rocker, I can move my hand beside the thing if I want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have found that the narrow Throttle Rocker works better for me. I have both the narrow and the wide (like in the picture above) still haven't found a bike I like the wide one on. With the narrow Throttle Rocker, I can move my hand beside the thing if I want.
Thats a good point. Maybe i'll get both since they are cheap and try em out. Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Will the palm throttle work on a 400 with the hand guards?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes.

And the palm throttle does not replace the Vista cruise control ( or others ) as it does not allow you to stretch your right hand and arm as the throttle locks do. I'll ride for a few minutes with my right arm hanging straight down to releive neck and shoulder tension.

BTW you still have full throttle control with the Vista and Karaoka - it just requires you to move the throttle instead of the return spring.

You do have to be careful to get used to the palm throttle - your wrist should be straight and the throttle closed just as your palm touches...that's safest...some of us will move it up a little higher for freeway comfort when the throttle is very open but I'd not start that way.

If you set it to contact your palm too early the bike can "jump" forward.
Just go easy and soon you'll wonder why throttles aren't designed with them in the first place.

One thing I like - is having the throttle lock on and then I just rest my open relaxed hand on the throttle and palm rest....really reduces arm tension.

I''d buy the cheaper Vista Cruise over the Karaoka - I think it's easier to operate.

The Karaoka looks oem but not so easy to engage. The thumb engage - disengage on the Vista is really intuitive and much easier to install than the Karoaka.
The Karoaka is a solid bit of tech tho and will last the life of the bike.

How this for slick?

But the Vista is easier to engage and is universal - the Karaoka is bike specific.

The only issue with the Vista is getting clearance from the end of the grip next to the brake body...might require a bit of trimming....perhaps neater than I do :D

The Karaoka requires removing the bar end ( which can be a real issue without an impact driver ) and then the Karaoka replaces it.

Palm throttle can go on any bike easily..if it slips a bit - a bit of thin rubber will keep it in place ( some versions come with this )

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Originally Posted by DougInKY View Post
Interesting point especially for my KLR650 in Aus as I need the palm for getting to the forest tracks but it can be annoying in the white knuckle sections. :D
I like the wide on the Burgman as it lets me rest my entire hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts