Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a crash on my 650. Damage was primarily to the left side plastics on the bottom and the front box. The windscreen, left mirror/turn signal and rear brake lever also broke. I still have the stock windscreen.

Anyway, insurance company said salvage value is @$800.

If anyone is interested in it, please let me know and I will keep it. I drove it home @15 miles afterwards and it drove fine, minus not having a rear brake lever. It has brand new tires (@600 miles on them) and 21k miles on the odometer.

I live just south of Lancaster, PA.

Message me if there is any interest. I need to decide what to do fairly soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would prefer to get it gone in one piece if possible.

Dave, I'll be going to my parents house near ellsworth in early August...have to go right past Portland lol.

I still don't know if I should just keep it and fix what's needed and take the hit on having a salvage title or just start over with a new bike...ugh.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I've taken the plastic off the front end and mended quite a lot of it. Epoxy, superglue, gorilla tape, and maybe zip ties are all helpful in the right places lol.

I'm pretty sure I'll need the lower left side panel and probably the front box. I for sure need the rear brake lever and the light housing for the left mirror's turn signal. I was able to glue the mirror housing back together and it seems pretty solid. Super glue with flexible epoxy behind the cracked areas.

If I end up getting the 2 body pieces new, plus the other things it'll be @$600 with shipping so that's way lower than expected.

Hopefully I can find a spray paint that comes somewhere close to the stock gray just to make it look a little better where the road rash will still be.

So long story to say, for now, I'm keeping my scoot and piecing her back together again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up getting a spray paint that matched almost perfectly. Only thing different really was the multicolored glitter flakes aren't in the spray, just silver. I've put 4k miles on the scoot since. The ride to work this morning was 27 degrees! Guess it's winter in PA now lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts