Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Who does your service?

• I do my own service for everything. I even have the shop manual.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do my own service and don't need no manual to tell me how to do it.

• I reluctantly do my own service because I don't feel confident with my local shop (quality)

• I reluctantly do my own service because I don't feel confident with my local shop (cost).

• I do oil changes and small stuff myself, but take it to the shop for big or scheduled services.

• I don't do any service myself.

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I let the dealer where I got my machine do the first service. Since then I have purchased the manual and do all the service myself. Its my belief that if you know your machine inside out you will be better able to diagnois any problems that may arise. Also If for some reason I do need a repair or even and oil change, I don't feel like waiting several days while a dealer has my machine. I don't want to lose any riding time.

With that being said I must admit that I am mechanically inclined (tool & Die maker ,machinist). I worked as a youth in a motorcyle shop rebuilding engines and bikes at the age of 15. I also raced and have rebuilt a couple of abused machines . I just love seeing how things work :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I will do the oil and small stuff, leave the rest to the dealer. If I get stuck I know how to fix it if I have to. After all my dealer is 95 miles away and it makes a good excuse to go for a ride. :) (as if I need one)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts