Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one in and around the Metro Connecticut area knows about the this coming Motorcycle event in Danbury CT. Below is a clip and paste about the event.

Join us for another great season of Cycle Sunday events at Marcus Dairy in Danbury, Connecticut, exit 3 off of I-84. 2004 Event dates are April 18, July 11, and October 3. Event runs from 8 AM – 4 PM, rain or shine, and features a bike show with cash prizes and trophies, leather fashion show, live music, dyno testing and well-over 140 vendors selling everything from custom bikes to leather to new and used parts and everything in-between. All roads lead to Marcus Dairy, home of the Northeast’s largest one-day motorcycle event. Admission is $10 per person with a portion of the proceeds to benefit local charities. As of 1991, this event has distributed close to $500,000 to local charities.
Sponsor: Marcus Dairy

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Going to Marcus Dairy on any Sunday morning is fun. If the weather is good, you'll see about 1000 bikes while you're there, some new, some antiques, some custom. Plenty of folks to talk to about motorcycling. Some vendors would be there occasionally. Rarely a car in the huge parking lot - just cycles. I saw a Boss Hoss there (motorcycle powered by a Chevy 350 ci V-8 engine). A guy used to show up riding a home built motorcycle powered by a Saab engine. Another guy shows up frequently in a 1930 something Morgan 3 wheeler. Any new model you just read about in a cycle magazine will probably be there. It's awesome.

I used to live in Connecticut, and often rode there on Sunday mornings, hung out for a while, then went off for a good ride. Moved to Nebraska two years ago. I don't miss too much about Connecticut, but reading the post about Marcus Dairy brought back some exceptional memories.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got an email from Marcus Dairy, all three of there shows have been canceled. It seems that the mail next door (Danbury Fair Mall) complained that they lost a lot of business as a result of the bike show so the Mayor shut it down after 17 years running.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its a bike thang

burg650 said:
Abm, whay would we still go if there is no show.
its a show either way at Marcus Dairy . Hundreds of bikes every Sunday. Ok, no "SHOW', but a great destination.

If enough Burgie riders make it there on an arranged day, and if y'all care to jam it up to Boston, the Kosher Chinese food is on me for the whole group.

YeeHAA

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Abm, thanks for the offer but I live in New Jersey and was going to drive not ride. Not sure if I am ready for such a long trip yet and my main reason for going was to check out the venders.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
burg650 said:
Abm, thanks for the offer but I live in New Jersey and was going to drive not ride. Not sure if I am ready for such a long trip yet and my main reason for going was to check out the venders.
You'd feel really out of place going there in a car. The parking lot is huge, and it is wall to wall bikes on Sundays. You rarely see a car there.

The vendors at those shows were mostly Harley-wear. Great place to pick up a leather halter-top for the girlfriend, for instance :p But I don't remember seeing much that wasn't geared to the Harley biker / Biker-babe lifestyle.

I really preferred going there on the non-show Sundays. You'll see the biggest group and variety of bikes and rider's anywhere in the Northeast (and possibly anywhere in the country). On show Sunday's you often had to park a mile away and walk in - even on a motorcycle. And there is no admission charge on the other Sundays - they sell enough coffee and breakfasts to make it worth their while.

It's really something to see, and many folks do ride considerable distances to be there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts