Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought some, and later on a real computer, I'll try to post some pictures. They really seem to be nice and fit well. The strap length across the top of the seat storage is very close, but I think I'm going to copy another members idea and run the mating Velcro down the insides of my seat storage so they'll be plenty long, plus they won't block the seat storage either with the straps running across. They also came with some rain covers that seem pretty easy and slick, although I'd imagine still not totally waterproof? I'll just put my clothes in a plastic bag first, that should be plenty then.
I'm happy, and should have plenty of room for clothes for multi day rides.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
If you got the 850's, you got the good ones.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot which ones I got, and it doesn't say on them, but I'm sure they were not the 850s, they were smaller. They are the same ones they display on the only red bike on their ads. There are 2 that measure the same, 1 for around $89.00 and the ones I bought for around $123.00. I think they were the deluxe ones or something that they cost more?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The 850's are the biggest ones....probably cost
around $150.00 or so. They have the best
padding on the back-side to protect your paint.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes yes...do post up some pictures please and thank you!!

late,
Coz

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The 905's have 19 liters per side...
the 850's have 35 liters per side.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ Yes, I didn't want anything huge off the sides of my bike, but now that I see them on the bike, bigger would not be a problem or look odd at all.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Now, if my daughter was doing the packing,
she would need at least 50 liter saddlebags,
& a 100 liter bag across the passenger seat.
& a trailer for the kitchen sink.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coz Boogie said:
Yes yes...do post up some pictures please and thank you!!

late,
Coz
I tried but it says they're too big and I don't know how to re-size them. :(
I did post some on a 'different' Burgman site though.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Mike337 said:
I tried but it says they're too big and I don't know how to re-size them. :(
I did post some on a 'different' Burgman site though.... :thumbup:
If using Windows, open the pic you need to resize in Paint, click on "Image", click on "Attributes", if not already on "Pixels" click on that, note width and height. I don't know the maximum that works but, I know getting a pic down to 300 to 400 pixels x 200 to 300 pixels should do it so, determine what percentage you need to shrink the image (for example, if 1200 x 800, an image 30% those dimensions gets you 360 x 240), click "OK" or "Cancel" to get out of the Attributes box, click on "Image" again, click on "Resize/Skew" and enter the previously determined percentage to both the Vertical and Horizontal "Resize" windows and hit "OK". That should get it. I save all my pics resized for this forum in a folder labeled "BUSA-sized pics". I sounds like a lotta steps but, once you do it, it's easy to see what is going on.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^. That is a totally foreign language to me! I don't even know what a 'windows' is. Paint? Attribute? No clue.
Thanks though, I'll see if my fiancé will look at it for me.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I bought some sticky mating Velcro and stuck them on, then used a short, small screw in the top and bottom of each. This idea I read from another member on here, and it sound very slick, BUT one strap on each side you must twist it because the Velcro is on the wrong side, so that kind of stinks, but no way are they going anywhere, they're solid. I DID NOT modify my straps either, so I can always attach them the regular way too.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Bag set look like Nelson Rigg Cl-950, 19.9 litre each side.

Nelson Rigg not make CL-850 model now for 1 1/2 - 2 year now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts