Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm setting up m Burgman 650 for long-distance riding. I have an iPhone 4s. I have zero knowledge on Bluetooth. Can anyone offer product advice on bluetooth products that will allow me to take phone calls or listen to music while travelling?

Also, if buy a GPS (I'm thinking about a waterproof model), do the spoken commands/directions come through on the bluetooth headphones?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Check into a Scala headset. I personally have the Q2 version and am happy with that.
It's not cheap but worth the expense. I've had mine for 3 years and have had no problems. Works well with my phone bluetooth. Not sure if you can blue tooth more than one device as my GPS is an oldie and doesn't have Bluetooth. There are a couple of other headset devices out there that work as well just can't think of the names. Just don't cheap seat it I don't think you'll be happy with the lower cost units.

Greg

·
Registered
573 Posts
I purchased UClear at Cycle Gear. My helmet had a recessed area for speakers already. Simple to install and use. Your IPhone has bluetooth. Just turn Bluetooth on and connect. I have also used earbuds with mic. I set my phone to answer automatically after 2 rings when Bluetooth OR head set (earbuds) are connected. When listening to music, the phone automatically stops the music and answers after 2 rings. When the person on the other end hangs up, the music resumes. If you aren't listening to anything, the phone answers automatically anyways.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm setting up m Burgman 650 for long-distance riding. I have an iPhone 4s. I have zero knowledge on Bluetooth. Can anyone offer product advice on bluetooth products that will allow me to take phone calls or listen to music while travelling?

Also, if buy a GPS (I'm thinking about a waterproof model), do the spoken commands/directions come through on the bluetooth headphones?
Here is a link to the most informative site I have found for bluetooth helmet speakers/intercoms. My personal favourite is the Sena models, but read for yourself.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/

All Bluetooth devices (phones, ipads, tablets, Gps, etc.) will pair very easily with these types of helmet headsets. The pairing process is well described with every set that is Bluetooth enabled. A caution though, if you purchase something cheap the quality of the speakers and connection may disappoint you. Opt for the higher end stereo units and you will not be disappointed.

As far as Waterproof GPS units specifically made for a motorcycle, be prepared for sticker shock. I would personally look at a full feature Bluetooth enabled GPS, with a 5 inch screen, and use a baggy strapped over it when it rains. You will save yourself $4-500 bucks.

Buy a ram mount for your brake reservoir, hardwire the unit to a piggy back connector on your 12 volt connector and enjoy. Both Garmin and Tom Tom make great units. Personally I am a Garmin fan, but I also own Tom Tom units that have their up sides.

Last recommendation, make sure that the GPS you purchase has Lifetime Maps

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like the Sena products. Friends use the SMH10 and I'm using their newest 20S. Before you buy a GPS, your phone may perform the task just fine. My iPhone 5s GPS directions come in just fine over the Bluetooth system. I'll set a route, start it, and put the phone back in my (waterproof) pocket.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the Sena products. Friends use the SMH10 and I'm using their newest 20S. Before you buy a GPS, your phone may perform the task just fine. My iPhone 5s GPS directions come in just fine over the Bluetooth system. I'll set a route, start it, and put the phone back in my (waterproof) pocket.
Thanks. I tend to store my iPhone in one of the small glove compartments of my k5 650. If it needs a charge it sits in the larger, lockable glovebox, paired to a Belkin USB charger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts