Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we might be going on an overnight trip sometime during the week of March 21st,(weather permitting) where would be a good place to go?

I was thinking Fredricksburg and taking Billy to Enchanted Rock. But I don't know if the trip would be exhausting to make in one day.

Start point, Houston or Huntsville.......any ideas........

·
Registered
118 Posts
It will probably take you about 4 to 5 hours to get there, but it will be well worth it. That time of year the bluebonnets should be out in all their glory. I think you will enjoy it. We've gone to my mom's in Llano and returned the next day before with no problem. Our Gold Wing chapter has gone to Fredricksburg for an overnighter and we all enjoyed the trip.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been but Billy hasn't. We might just leave early and go. Borrow a tent and camp at the park.
We are still up in the air on the idea, vacation request pending.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ride in TX

I highly recommend the Hill Country. The tripple 3's - FM337, 336, 335 (I think) are incredible. Stop by Frio Canyon Store in Leakey. Couple who owns it are really nice and are rieders too. We stayed in Austin then rode to Fredericksburg but I would stay in Fredericksburg at a cheap hotel.
Ride TX magazine publiches a book on TX roads that are great for cycles. Most dealerships have some on sale.

We are heading out there but we don't have a weekend set yet. We are up in Big D.

Have fun! Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts