Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Need some Burgman advice

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Robert 
Emoebee77 said:
...all of my friends who ride tell me to get a regular motorcycle and not waste my time on a "scooter". ...
For some reason, bikers get very passionate about the kind of bike they ride, and think everyone should follow their lead. Harley riders, who like bikes that look like they were designed in 1935, say "If it ain't a Harley, it ain't ****." Sport bike riders think anyone who doesn't sit on top of a crotch rocket just doesn't know what they're missing.

Can you imagine a Mustang owner telling an F-150 owner that he shouldn't have wasted his time buying a truck? Or a Cadillac owner telling a Corvette owner that he doesn't have a "real" car? But bikers do that kind of thing all the time.

Do your own thing, and don't try to follow the pack. I think you'll be happy with Big Burgman. I know I am.

pauljo said:
Brian said:
Harley riders, who like bikes that look like they were designed in 1935, say "If it ain't a Harley, it ain't ****."
Yah. They've been known to say that. So... who really wants a bike that [is] sh*t???? [paraphrased]
:lol: LOL!

I've never really thought about that particular turn of phrase before, but -- yeah -- that's what they're saying, isn't it...Harleys are feces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.