Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I would like to attempt to install the bracket for the Givi V46 Top Box on the rear of my scooter myself alone. Last time I help from a fellow burgie owner here in Victoria but don't want to bother him this time. Can someone with the top box installed on a 2012 AN400 post some pics of it close up so I can see where the bracket installs on the back and if anyone has any video that would be a help. I have watched Mitchbergma's video but that was a different bracket so the install was different. Looked on youtube too and nothing for the bracket/topbox configuration that I have. Thanks in advance Sally.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think what is throwing me off is that I have a passenger backrest and in the Givi instructions it does not show a backrest. Anyone have any pics of a post 2007 AN400 with a V46 Givi top box and bracket on their scoot? Sally

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think what is throwing me off is that I have a passenger backrest and in the Givi instructions it does not show a backrest. Anyone have any pics of a post 2007 AN400 with a V46 Givi top box and bracket on their scoot? Sally
Do you have a backrest on the bike or on the Givi?

The OEM Suzuki backrest Tupperware will not work with any top case, unless you just leave it off. Theres a flat Tupperware plate that will though.

See part "A" on the first photo.

View attachment 28642

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a back rest on the scooter.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The back rest will have to come off to mount the top box. It's too tall to accommodate the box. You can replace the Tupperware piece with the flat one I pictured above. There are four spots marked on the underside where it shows to drill holes for mounting a top box I believe.

The flat Tupperware part is a painted part, so its not cheap. $100 I suspect. You might be able to find one on eBay, if it matches your color.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts