Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My wife and I are inn the process of selling her 2006 Burgman 400 S. We are trying to figure out what we should ask for it. We checked out NADA and that has us a little bewildered as the non-S Burgman's suggested list price is 5,699.00, Low retail is 2,715.00 and Average retail is 3,575.00.....where as my wife's 400 suggested list price is 5,849.00, and this is what bewilders us, the Low retail is 2,485.00 and Average retail is 3,270.00.

Can someone explain those numbers for us......how can my wife's bike which sells for 150.00 dollars more than the non-S model retail between 230.00 and 305.00 less than the non-S model. Does my wife's bike depreciate faster?

Any thoughts would be welcomed and if you have an opinion on what you would ask for this bike when posting it for sale that would also be very much appreciated.

It has new tires, Rear trunk, saddlebags, taller windshield(comes with the stock windshield), and a new battery. Thanks again Everyone!

Ride On
Aero

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think Kelly Blue Book would be more realistic information in this market. I know dealers normally use NADA and the prices are usually higher with NADA. It's a buyer's market right now. I looked for a couple of months for a bike that was half way between KBB low, which is dealer trade-in and high, which is buying from a dealer in excellent condition. When I found one in good condition in that price range, I snatched it up quickly.

As far as the S model, I suspect the market for the S model is smaller than for the standard. I know I wanted the standard model for the larger windshield. After I bought the bike I soon found the larger windshield on the standard was still too small and replaced it with a larger one. From reading this forum, I think many, if not most, had the same experience. So, the S model may not be as sought after as the standard.

Hope that helps and good luck with the sale.

John

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I just bought a 2006 400S with only 600 miles on it and I paid $2000. Of coarse I bought from a friend who made me a great deal. KBB retail on it was $2800 and he was asking $2500 before he offered it to me. The local dealer was willing to give only $1500 for it{buy it, not a trade}.

I can't see you getting as much as what NADA is listing. As for the difference in price - the S was a special sport model and thus cost more but it was styled for the Japanese market and isn't as well liked here. I think that is the reason why it has a slightly lower resale than a standard Burg 400. KBB by the way is the other way around! The S model is $50 higher retail than the standard.

I love the style of my S however. I ride alone and the spoiler is better than a sissybar and the small WS is great for around town, the shorter mirrors on the other hand are not as good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know about NADA, but Kelly Blue Book is based on geographic area. So, what sells for a certain price where I am, Michigan, may not be the same price elsewhere.

John

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Both take location into account. But for some reason NADA has gotten higher and higher in their values over the last 15-20 years. The two books used to be much closer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts