Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all, I'm gonna be short and sweet cause I'm in dire need of some advice first off, and need to hurry over and pick up my Burgie out of the parking lot some thieves ditched it in before it gets towed.

Can anyone in the Asheville area direct me to an honest mechanic that knows (and hopefully loves) Burgmans? Not MR. Ill get into detail later but I will avoid them at all cost. :mad: I've got some concerns that could involve clutch/cvt issues. I've read through the forum extensively and have a shop manual but would really like to have someone with some(tons!) of experience help me get er back in prime form so I can squeeze in a few more miles out of these hills before the freeze.

Also to make everyone aware if you weren't already there are many solo, and also a group of, "professional" thieves working the Asheville area. Two nights ago the defeated my key lock, disk lock and chain in a lit parking lot in wide open view of the road and managed to hot wire and steal my Burg. Luckily they only made it a quarter mile before ditching it with minimal(???) damage. These aren't the guys I'm necessarily speaking of when I say professional (more on that later too) Just wanted to throw it out there that people are being that brazen around here.

Thanks for your time and anything you can do to help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The closest city to one of the most well known, and arguably best, motorcycle destinations in the U.S. Sorry I wasn't more specific but considering my post is asking for local assistance anyone who doesn't know where Asheville is probably can't help this time.
You should check it out on a map (3d). Amazing place to ride from.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
If you are willing to come to Greeneville, TN, I will take a look at it. 65-75 miles from Asheville, depending on how you come.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, Roy how I wish I had posted before the theft attempt. I'd be on it now heading your way. I've got it at 76 beautiful miles up 209-208. My last ride brought me within minutes of you, and would have been a good time to have her looked at. But, unfortunately not everyone's been blessed with the ability buy themselves a sweet ride, or the morals to earn rather than steal, so I'm left with an inoperable Burg. Thank you so much for the offer, I really appreciate it. If I get the ignition worked out and still need to check out the guts I'll definitely get in touch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts