Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting close to doing my 1st service. I strongly believe in 100% synthetic oils.
I already Purchased Motul 7100 4T 10w40 for the engine and transmission. and looking for best for final gear. (hope is good for wet clutch)

I found Motul Gear 300 75W90 100% synthetic and Motylgear 75W90.
Gear 300 is for without limited slip. This is for cars I guess.
I really don't know much about the Burgman 650 for 2013.
I don't want to cause damage. I want best protection and high performance.
I live in south florida and it's very hot and humid here.
Does anyone have experience with any of this oils. or recommend other systematic.

Factory only recommends Suzuki oil.(non-synthetic)
I have had 4 italian bikes and they are all 100% synthetic.
Please help I like to order the correct product for my bike.

·
Administrator
20,121 Posts
Joe, ether of these 75W90's will work. The book calls for 90 weight but 75W90 is OK as it is a 90 weight oil. I use Valvoline syn 75W90 as I can get it everywhere.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I've even used 75W140 synthetic.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feed back.
I'm trying to contact Motul for some expert advise. I like to use Gear 300 75W90 for final gear.
On cars I use 100% synthetic and average about 2 more MPG smother run. On bikes I looking for better performance and less friction. Synthetic oil will not brake down like regular oil and its slicker giving better protection.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just spoke to the Tech at Motul.
I explained that I have a 2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 and needed to know the best oil for the final gear, He said that if Suzuki is asking for a Hypoid SAE 90 the best oil to use would be "Motul GearBox 80W90 - API GL-4 / GL-5". (semi-synthetic)
I also verified and the Motul 7100 is the perfect one for the engine and transmission.
(100% synthetic)
I just wanted to share this info with all other Burgman riders. Personally believe Motul is one of the best oil companies for Motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
If me to pay lot of money for lubricant/oil, then would certainly purchase Amsoil over Motul every time. Motul is good, Amsoil is better.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have been using Mobil-1's Gear lube 75W90 since my first oil change.
I just did the same following LeDude's tutorial on youtube. I was using a syringe and I think I put in 360ML versus needed 300ML.

Using the youtube tutorials I also did the transmission fluid and oil change (Rotella T6). Thanks LeDude--you have really given me the confidence.

Simba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts