Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Recently I tried starting my 07 B 650 and I got the mighty F1 flashing so I did the wire tool trick and I got the C42 for faulty ignition switch.
I checked all the wire connectors, voltage, resistance etc and everything seemed to be okay, however still getting the c42.
By the way I get the chec when I turn ignition to on and the c42 as soon as I turn the engine switch on.
I took the switch apart, cleaned it, checked the resistor and everything was okay but still getting c42.
So I bought a new ignition switch from eBay, checked it , installed it and still getting the 42.
I'm starting to loose my mind, any ideas on what I should do? Please help me out.
Thank you all.

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Hi everyone
Recently I tried starting my 07 B 650 and I got the mighty F1 flashing so I did the wire tool trick and I got the C42 for faulty ignition switch.
I checked all the wire connectors, voltage, resistance etc and everything seemed to be okay, however still getting the c42.
By the way I get the chec when I turn ignition to on and the c42 as soon as I turn the engine switch on.
I took the switch apart, cleaned it, checked the resistor and everything was okay but still getting c42.
So I bought a new ignition switch from eBay, checked it , installed it and still getting the 42.
I'm starting to loose my mind, any ideas on what I should do? Please help me out.
Thank you all.
I suggest you try this first. Go to this posting and do post #3. One of those RED wires connectors feed the ignition switch and if corroded may set code C42.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts