Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been successful in mounting a Stebel Nautitus horn on a 2011 650 Burgman Executive?
I checked the Burgman forum and found someone who mounted this horn on an older 650 but my 2011 is completely different. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, rb3 Cliff

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the same question for my B650. Very little room. Only solutions I saw was with cutting the glove compartment wall, another was to cut the inside between the headlights and another was to cut the compressor from the horn and reattach them with a hose.
I decided to get dual electric horns instead and avoided cutting anything on my new Burgie.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Has anyone been successful in mounting a Stebel Nautitus horn on a 2011 650 Burgman Executive?
I checked the Burgman forum and found someone who mounted this horn on an older 650 but my 2011 is completely different. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, rb3 Cliff
Only difference is the ABS module, but that is central and you are mounting the Stebel on the right side of the frame so there is effectively no difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mounting location for a Stebel Nautilus Compact

I mounted a Stebel Nautilus Compact horn on my 2012 Burgman 650 yesterday and it took about one hour. I removed the handlebar covers and the dash cover. I used a coat hanger with a hook on the end and reached down the left side of the fork well and unplugged the stock horn. Turned the front wheel to the right and plugged an extension wire into the horn wiring plug. Ran the wire straight up the fork well and plugged it into the Stebel horn. Mounted the horn between the ignition switch housing and the DC power plug. Secured the horn with silicone and tie wraps. Works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I mounted behind the front forks behind the plastic cover, although its a 400 you can get an idea:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
My own is mounted between the headlights via a piece of aluminum 3/16 " straight stock and two bolts. One on the horn, the other on the left headlamp assembly. Keeps it hidden and don't have to worry about the abs module on my exec. Have the horn wires activating a relay to some 10 gauge wire ran to the batt.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
My own is mounted between the headlights via a piece of aluminum 3/16 " straight stock and two bolts. One on the horn, the other on the left headlamp assembly. Keeps it hidden and don't have to worry about the abs module on my exec. Have the horn wires activating a relay to some 10 gauge wire ran to the batt.
TechArt do you have any pics of the installation, I'm having a dickens of a time trying to find a suitable location for my new Stebel on my 650.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Here's the only pic I have of the install location since I didn't take any photos of it with the fairing off the bike :(. Under the ecm in the cavity between the front of the tree and the headlights.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts