Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was setting here working on the PC when I heard a yelping sound outside the house. I went out and saw this little yellow beastie at the end of my front porch. When I slowly approached, it ran like ... well ... a scared animal. I tried to get it to come to me but there was no way it was going to let me within 10 feet. It then got up under my back porch. Even muddy, soaking wet, shivering, and me offering food, it wouldn't come near enough to me to allow it to be retrieved from under the porch. I finally tore out the backside of the latticework and went up under there to snag her. Took her in, bathed her in warm water to warm her up, and fed her a little meatloaf and bread. It's been a long time since I've had any pet. Although my son would have slept in a doghouse if child services wasn't so dang picky (gotta feed'em, cloth'em, and let'em in the house...)

Anyway, was wondering if ya'll could ID her. My guess is a yellow lab (or mix) at about 4 weeks old.

http://sandythedog.com/gallery/v/firstday/

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Well, I guess she's yours billdawg, least 'till one of your neighbors clean this matter up (maybe...)

A PUPPY!

:) :) :)

Uh, congratulations?

:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Thats great Bill. WHat are you going to name her? :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Nice looking dog. I think you nailed the breed . Use your geek skills and post a couple of posters on your street. Someone is going to miss that little pup.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greencookiedoh said:
What are you going to name her?
Only thing that comes to mind is "Trouble". Not sure if I'll keep her. :?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
OK. Had a similar thing happen to me this year. Only it was a 10 month old kitty - a Siamese mix as near as I can determine. Seemed innocent enough... :roll: So after she spent the whole day in my yard, and sat crying on my doorstep as it got dark & cold, I opened the door and let her in.

I went to the Nebraska Humane Society and filled out a "lost cat" report. I also had them scan her for an ID chip (which she didn't have). There rules are that if nobody claims the lost pet in 30 days, you own it.. erm... it owns you is more like it.

Nobody claimed Tigger. So, after paying for shots, spay operation, annual license fee, tons of cat food (she has a healthy appetite), mountains of cat litter (goes with the healthy appetite), cat toys, a portable kennel to carry her in when she needed to go to the vet or Humane Society - I have a considerable investment in the little monster. So far she has done only a minimal amount of damage to my house, largely because someone had her declawed (front paws) before she came to us - but she still has teeth and loves to chew on things.

She is smart. She knows all the rules we have for her. Like don't get on the kitchen table, don't go under the computer desk and play with the wires, don't jump up on my wife's knick nak tables, stay out of the garage, etc. She is pretty good during the day, but she hates night time (all her windows get dark - and it apparently is all our fault!). So particularly after dark, she makes a point of methodically breaking every rule. When we've had enough, she gets put in her cat kennel/carrier for a "time out". This has become almost a game for her - it gets our attention.

About 4am every morning she'll come in a beat one of us up until we get up and feed her. Her tactics are various - and effective. The she'll scarf all the food, and hope that the other person doesn't realize she's been fed & will feed her a second breakfast at about 7am. Sometimes it works...

But she is very people oriented, a constant companion, and she loves me to pieces. She spends a certain amount of time on my lap every day purring like a buzz saw - just being that nice little kitty that I thought she'd be. She loves to play hide & seek, tag you're it, and putting on displays of her remarkable speed, agility, and jumping ability most evenings.

Is she worth the trouble? I really think so. But sometimes my wife gets real frustrated with her - and takes it out on me. After all, I'm the softhearted fool that let Tigger in the door. One thing is for sure, life hasn't been the same with her around.

And.. when we go to Scootercade, Tigger goes to the Sunset Pet Motel at $11 per night. When we get back, we're going to have a lot of explaining to do too.

That is for sure a cute little puppy! I think you should keep her... :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I am not a "dog person" but it seems to me that lil puppies that get their ass pulled out of a crack like that end up being way more good than bad.

"Trouble" with a capitol T dontchaknow!

Get some FaBreeze Bill. I suspect that you'll end up liking her!

Like I said - she's your's babe!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ps - plus it seems to be a pretty good "breed" no?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My guess would be Golden Retriever pup.

Either Burgie or Suzi would be good names.

So when you getting the side-car for her? :lol:

Ken (owned by a 150lb Newfoundland)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
Only thing that comes to mind is "Trouble". Not sure if I'll keep her. :?
Funny. The first name I wanted to give my cat was "Trouble". She absolutely would not respond to that name. So one day I yelled "Tigger" - and she came running. So... "Tigger" it is.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thought for the day

Dogs have masters, cats have staff.

Butler and housekeeper to Smokey and Bandit, long haired Persian type moggies rescued from an abusive home and slowly settling down with all the love we are giving them.

Pet owners, no matter what your pet - enjoy the time you have with them.

Regards

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bill,

I'm sorry to say you've been had. A tyke that small usually isn't up to getting themselves into (much less out of) the predicament you describe. I have a sneaky notion that someone put that pup in your yard and ran. I hate to see something like that happen but have far too often

On the up side, it does look like a Golden Retreiver or a yellow Lab, both of which can be outstanding dogs to have.

Yours truly, (being ruled by a 5 lb Yorkie)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yellow Lab...for sure 8)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chuck,

I wouldn't doubt it was dropped. They picked a rotten day to do it though ... pouring rain. This is the most terrified puppy I've ever seen. Can't sleep without nightmares. Yesterday she was just outside the house whinning. When I went out to see what was going on, she ran from me to the back porch. Soon as I got within 20 feet, that's when she forced her way thru the latticework to under the back porch.

I'm putting her to good use. She's guarding the server rack :
http://sandythedog.com/gallery/v/firstd ... g.jpg.html

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I gotta go with Ken on this, Golden Retreiver and my guess is she's pure as the driven snow. Too much fur and too golden. Of course, she could be a yellow crossed with a puffball, one can never be too positive.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yup, Golden Retreiver... looked again and enlarged the pics. Look at pic #1 at the ears, muzzle, shape of upper jowls and those eyes (especially the eyebrows). Our first dog was a Golden Retreiver. One of the best sniffers I've ever seen and one of the best escape artists too! We used to bury stuff and she'd go find it and dig it up. I'd bet Ken's farm she's a Goldie! Sorry Ken but just think, you will probably get some new acreage from the wager! :lol:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
that is one cute little puppy.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Bill - RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! That, my friend, is a NORTH DAKOTAN WILD WILDABEAST!

He'll steal your heart in under 10 seconds, gaze into your eyes until money pours outa your wallet, and basically ruin your life if he ever goes away!

At least...that's what your dog did to me with the first photo I saw. You should be getting a check any day now...i promise.

I say this as our two "pound puppies" sleep within four feet of me on their dog beds. Buddy Ray - the "rescue" hound - border collie/german shepherd cross: Knows how to corner AND bring down any bad child OR criminal and usually knows the difference.

Snicker Doodle - Ugliest puppy i've EVER seen, and the BEST dog for kids ever - Brindle Boxer and Greyhound perhaps? Can leap a six foot tall fence easily.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts