Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are moving into our new home at the end of Feb. The new house is a two story vs our current single story. The wife is concerned about the "pony" wall around the upstairs opening to the floor below. She wants me to attach a fence or railing to the top of the pony wall. That way its impossible for them to push something up against the wall in order to climb over and fall to the floor below. Another issue is for the bottom of the stairs. When you come down the stairs, the gate is almost knee level and difficult to open. I would love a switch operated gate. Push the button that is attached to the wall above, then push the released gate open with your foot. (Is there such a thing?)
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
http://www.onestepahead.com
they have tons of stuff listed there under the safety tab. I usually buy from there or babiesrus.com (unless you have one near you). One stepahead also has the clear banister stuff as well.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Best of luck!

Congrats on the new home!

Best of luck with the little ones. I'm afraid I can't help you. NOTHING worked for my two. I was a constant nervous wreck all the time. My son and daughter are both related to Houdini! We had to reverse the locks on all the doors in effect locking us out of everything. We had to have keys over all the doorways or the kids would have opened the cellar door, the pantry, laundry room, you name it. And those plastic covers for the door knobs?! Yeah...Sarah had them BROKEN in seconds! The cabinet latches?! She actually ripped a door off it's hinges because the latch wouldn't let go and she wanted IN the cabinet! So much for paying extra for the solid oak cabinetry... :cry:

I am soooo glad they are 6 and 11 now. However Sarah still manages to find petrified french fries to eat in the car or stuff under the table when I'm cleaning up from dinner. :pukeright:

Gosh I hope it gets better! It is always an adventure having kids...wish they came with a manual!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
the cabinet locks were a joke in our house too. We had to go with the Tot Locks. pricey and takes a magnetic key to open it but worth it, until little man figured out how to get ontop of the cabinet and get the key and open them. The plastic door knob deals did nothing but tear up the knob.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ScubaGirl,

Great post! Made me laugh. Made my wife laugh.

Fortunately our three kids all survived childhood and we now have four grandkids. It is kind of gratifying to see our sons getting paid back for everything they did to us. However, once in a while they get even by talking us into babysitting while they go out for a few hours. My youngest grandson is just shy of two years old. He is cute, and he loves his grandpa, but he is a total terror and has no fear. He has already been to the emergency room to get stitched up a couple of times - but that doesn't seem to slow him down at all. His older sister (4 yrs old) is only marginally more restrained. After four hours with them I am totally beat. Six hours and I think they'd have to carry me out on a stretcher!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine are all teenagers now, so I'm not hip to all of the latest babyproofing products, but I do remember the most effective methods of getting the precious little ones to sleep: A nice bottle, or a car ride.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in trouble. My oldest will be 4 in May, middle is 22 months and baby is 8 months....all boys.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
About your only chance is to staple them to the floor. Worked well on my rugrat. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Greengoose said:
I'm in trouble. My oldest will be 4 in May, middle is 22 months and baby is 8 months....all boys.
My three are closer in age and all girls, a circumstance I was smugly pleased with - until they became teenagers. There are times (you know the time I'm referring to) when I'd trade 'em all for anything with testosterone. Even the cat is female. Oh, did I mention I have 52 employees, 50 of whom are female?

Thank merciful God for ESPN, sports with the boys, and motorcycles.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be glad when the youngest can sleep thru the night.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
There' was many a night when I wished for 'St Joseph's valium for children'. If they ever marketed them, they'd make a fortune off of bleary-eyed parents.

·
Registered
301 Posts
billmeek said:
There' was many a night when I wished for 'St Joseph's valium for children'. If they ever marketed them, they'd make a fortune off of bleary-eyed parents.

They do, it's called Benadryl :wink:

(no I dont give my kids benadryl to make them sleep)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I know it sounds strange, but I fed my son Sundrop (local citrus soda with a HIGH caffeine content) to knock him out. You'd think the sugar / caffeine would keep him going.... but it had the opposite effect on him. Then again, I can't sleep at night unless I have a cup o'coffee. :coffee:

·
Registered
301 Posts
billmeek said:
I know it sounds strange, but I fed my son Sundrop (local citrus soda with a HIGH caffeine content) to knock him out. You'd think the sugar / caffeine would keep him going.... but it had the opposite effect on him. Then again, I can't sleep at night unless I have a cup o'coffee. :coffee:
Not so strange. Benadryl has the opposite effect on my oldest. You'd think I just fed him a Sugarbomb :)
I can drink coffee until the wee hours and still go to sleep.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Velcro jumpsuits and a Velcro wall. It's fun, reusable, and safer than duct tape. 'Keeps 'em in place for quite a while.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Alan said:
Velcro jumpsuits and a Velcro wall. It's fun, reusable, and safer than duct tape. 'Keeps 'em in place for quite a while.
I was thinking a padded room :) Lock them up in there and let them duke it out all day :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DonRich90 said:
Greengoose said:
Keep the Burgman locked up!!!!!!! :lol:
Don
I thought about cutting a hole in the passenger seat area and making some sort of kayak (sp) type seating arrangement for the boyz. Their lower body will slip into the cargo area under the seat and only expose them from the chest up. :D
(Do I see a photoshop creation in the works?)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bleeder,

You're like my son-in-law. Three daughters. Aged 15, 13 and 11. He was moaning last weekend about all the boys sniffin' around. I'll tell you the same thing I told him....

I don't understand why you're worried. After all, those boys don't want anything YOU didn't want.....

Ahhh, at last.... vindication for scowling at all those boys who used to come around when my daughter was still home.

·
Registered
428 Posts
mick6502003 said:
Bleeder,

You're like my son-in-law. Three daughters. Aged 15, 13 and 11. He was moaning last weekend about all the boys sniffin' around. I'll tell you the same thing I told him....

I don't understand why you're worried. After all, those boys don't want anything YOU didn't want.....

Ahhh, at last.... vindication for scowling at all those boys who used to come around when my daughter was still home.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like that.
I could yak for quite a while about parenting teenagers. but I fear I've done too much thread hijacking here as it is.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts