Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what's wrong Paid $85 and had it towed, to house Today!!
I Turn the Key and No Light No Nothing i checked All Fuses can't find nothing Out!!

Any help needed Thanks..

Elliott,

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like battery...try connecting the batteries to your car's batteries via jumper cable or any other battery charger you may have and try starting the bike. If it starts, disconnect the battery from the jumper cables. Loosen or disconnect one of the battery terminals (negative or ground or black). If the bike stays running, your battery is bad, if the bike dies, the alternator is bad and not charging the battery draining its power.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, jvinzki, for the Quick Response , Looks like i found the problem once the bike was off the truck Tonight, Yesterday We had 8'Inches of Rain Last night it was Helling, Rain,Wind blew off my Cover and Rained Soaked the Bike All Night, I Once told everybody that these Bikes are Not Water Proof, looks like I'm gonna have to get more RTV Silicon and start with the Connectors , the problem was the Regulater Connection had water inside the connector, i empty what dribble that was left, and plugged it back in, and Walla every thing came back on!!..

Thank God, But lost $85 Bucks to have it Toed , Oh well you Win Some you Loose Some!!

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You didn't lose $85 - you spent it to keep from having to stand at the side of the road with it all night long. Probably money well spent, when you look at it from that perspective!

Glad it turned out to be something minor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You didn't lose $85 - you spent it to keep from having to stand at the side of the road with it all night long. Probably money well spent, when you look at it from that perspective!

Glad it turned out to be something minor.
Agreed.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Thank God, But lost $85 Bucks to have it Towed , Oh well you Win Some you Loose Some!!

Elliott,
For $49 bucks a year joint the AMA & get free towing for everyone in your
household. Covers cars & motorcycles. ;)

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
A lot of those towing plans Do Not Tow to Your Home, but to the closest repair facility.

Better than nothing if on a long trip someplace, but I prefer to bring it home and then worry with it before I take it to where I think can fix it VS the closest Repair Facility.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You Guys make a Good Point, Gonna Activate my Tow service on my Insurance right away!!! free towing, sounds good to me.

The thing Paul, when i was Towed Only 5 Blocks from where i was Picked up..

It's Highway Robbery..
Thanks guys....

Elliott,

·
Registered
341 Posts
Elliot, I went to your album and checked it out. You've done a lot of things to your scoot!
How do you like that Pollini Clutch system?
Is it good for the street?
Do you have any issues with all the performance "upgrades" you've put on ?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Water Weakness...!!!

Elliot, I went to your album and checked it out. You've done a lot of things to your scoot!
How do you like that Pollini Clutch system?
Is it good for the street?
Do you have any issues with all the performance "upgrades" you've put on ?
Yeap!! Runs like a race Bike and Eats up a lot of Gas!! the only Flaw about Performance Stuff.

MPG Down the Drain If you Drive it like you Stowed it...

No issues , that i could See, Been running that stuff for at least 4 years or So no break downs in gears or Cylinder Yet?

The Pollini Clutch is Lighter then Stock but has 2 Long Shoes and can be Adjusted, Polini Variator is Simaler to the Stock Variator except Lighter as well, The Polini Clutch Bell has Fins and Bigger Holes and Lighter as well.

Lighter Stuff does Speed things up faster..

All though i still want to take it to the Shop for a full Inspection an't no telling what these Performance Parts may be doing to the Mechanical... Gears.

Located the Weak Spot where Water gets in the Side Vents. this could be where People washing there bikes Or Heavy Rain have been getting Wet.

This is just a theory now....

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
You Guys make a Good Point, Gonna Activate my Tow service on my Insurance right away!!! free towing, sounds good to me.

The thing Paul, when i was Towed Only 5 Blocks from where i was Picked up..

It's Highway Robbery..
Thanks guys....

Elliott,
Do you have towing on your Regualr Insurance??

I mhave a TOw contractt hru what use to be a service when I ahd a Motrorhome. I kept it at reduced fee for my cars and two wheelers. Hwoever, they tow to the enarest repair palce. I was 70 miles from home when MY 650 Broke down (elecrtrical problem) and started to call tehm. The thought - they are going to take me to probably Waynesville or Asheville, NC and I will still be 70 or 100 mels from home. Someoen will have to come get me and I will be at mercy of the dealer. OK if 500 or 1000 miles from home on a trip and you have no choice.

I called a friend and he went by and got my truck from my wife and came to get me. I hauled it home.

My wife trying to avoid having my fiend do it, called the tow people and asked what it would cost to tow me home (Over $400). He got tired of waiting for her to get an answer (it was eating up time) and he left to come get me saying "if she made other arrangemenst to call his cell and he would turn around." When she was told $400 plus - she did not call him.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have towing on your Regualr Insurance??

I mhave a TOw contractt hru what use to be a service when I ahd a Motrorhome. I kept it at reduced fee for my cars and two wheelers. Hwoever, they tow to the enarest repair palce. I was 70 miles from home when MY 650 Broke down (elecrtrical problem) and started to call tehm. The thought - they are going to take me to probably Waynesville or Asheville, NC and I will still be 70 or 100 mels from home. Someoen will have to come get me and I will be at mercy of the dealer. OK if 500 or 1000 miles from home on a trip and you have no choice.

I called a friend and he went by and got my truck from my wife and came to get me. I hauled it home.

My wife trying to avoid having my fiend do it, called the tow people and asked what it would cost to tow me home (Over $400). He got tired of waiting for her to get an answer (it was eating up time) and he left to come get me saying "if she made other arrangemenst to call his cell and he would turn around." When she was told $400 plus - she did not call him.
WOW!!! now that's a lot of Cash!! P.S did you find the elecrtrical problem, I bet it was something Simple. ?

Yeah!! My Insurance have that Service i'm gonna Activate it in a few days!!! My Insurance is Mc.Graw Hill

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where was the connector?
The Connector Chappy, Is on the Left Side in front of the Bike facing the front, it' Right under a Vent, it's Connector is face Downward So Water would flow into the Connection there are Rubber Gaskets inside them, But there no good.

Elliott,

·
Registered
585 Posts
" Need Help!! Burgman Stopped On ME!!"
------------------------------------------------

Good to know you're ok -- from the thread header I thought you were under the Burgman.

·
Registered
770 Posts
AAA will tow me 100 miles...IIRC, it is $70/year.

·
Registered
925 Posts
WOW!!! now that's a lot of Cash!! P.S did you find the elecrtrical problem, I bet it was something Simple. ?

Yeah!! My Insurance have that Service i'm gonna Activate it in a few days!!! My Insurance is Mc.Graw Hill

Elliott,

The AMA is usually a lot cheaper than adding it to your insurance.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
A lot of those towing plans Do Not Tow to Your Home, but to the closest repair facility.
AMA will tow anywhere you want:

AMA Roadside Assistance Program Share
This benefit is available for no extra charge when you sign up for auto-renewal of your AMA membership! Coverage for all your vehicles in your household, including motorcycles, cars, trucks, RVs and even trailers!

Vehicles
Automobiles, motorcycles, motorhomes and trailers are covered.

Towing Services
Towing services are covered up to 35 miles to the nearest qualified service facility (or to any other location requested by the member of equal distance at no expense to the member). If over 35 miles, the member is only responsible for the overages incurred after the 35-miles coverage

Service Limitations
AMA Roadside Assistance is your safety net for mechanical breakdowns with your motorcycles and other vehicles. Commercial trailers are, however, excluded.

Only one service call for the same service type within seven days

1 - 19 of 19 Posts