Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a rear wheel(rim) for a 2007 burgman 650.
ive been searching around and cant seem to find one used.
Anyone have any ideas?

moll780 at gmail dot com.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
A good place to start is to tell us where you are from , and then what condition and price you are willing to pay .

TheReaper!

I need a rear wheel(rim) for a 2007 burgman 650.
ive been searching around and cant seem to find one used.
Anyone have any ideas?

moll780 at gmail dot com.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hail from Austin Texas, YeeHAW!
My current wheel is badly pitted from what, as I understand, was a tire sealant that the PO had used. I've had the bike for 3 years so I assume the sealant was in the tire for at least that long.
I've tried to use a bead sealer but that will not work. Too much pitting.
I'm going to use a tube for a while to at least get running but I will have to replace the rim.
So.. any rim that is in good shape will do. Price? Well the OEM Suzuki wheel new is 520$.

A good place to start is to tell us where you are from , and then what condition and price you are willing to pay .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,271 Posts
Is your bike an exec. If so you will need an exec wheel. The standard wheel cannot mount the ABS sensor ring.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I've actually got a spare rim with a tire on it up in my loft. Fairly certain it's a standard 650 rear if memory serves. Will have to get it down to take a look but aside from shipping, maybe $100 if that sounds good to you?

·
Administrator
19,946 Posts
The USA standard 650's from 2003 - 2004 had 4 bolts holding the disc rotor, 2005 up has 5. But they will 100% interchange. I have run my spare 2003 rims on my 2008 when waiting for a tire to get here.

And Sean comes to the rescue.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Yep, its a standard wheel of the later model years. Bit dirty but should do the job. PM me for details.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've actually got a spare rim with a tire on it up in my loft. Fairly certain it's a standard 650 rear if memory serves. Will have to get it down to take a look but aside from shipping, maybe $100 if that sounds good to you?
I just saw your reply today (10/12/2020) and i'm wondering if you still have the wheel.

·
Administrator
19,946 Posts
You may try emailing Sean as he does not come on often. He has a couple emails listed above.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
I hail from Austin Texas, YeeHAW!
My current wheel is badly pitted from what, as I understand, was a tire sealant that the PO had used. I've had the bike for 3 years so I assume the sealant was in the tire for at least that long.
I've tried to use a bead sealer but that will not work. Too much pitting.
I'm going to use a tube for a while to at least get running but I will have to replace the rim.
I dunno fer sure, but i been told, tubes in tubeless tires is a bad thing, something about flexing, chafing , failure.
Bluebottle? any comment?

·
Administrator
19,946 Posts

·
Administrator
19,946 Posts
TAG was a moderator for years too. He still Burgmans around.

Reactions: s-steel
1 - 16 of 16 Posts