1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under the rear cover there are mountings for the bolts. Possibly a option for the K5 650. I know many just remove the backrest and install a box. Thought someone would have a set. Having said that the oem bolts are fairly cheep.

Thanks Buffalo

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Yes the frame has the nuts already welded to it. In 05 they did offer a luggage rack and a top case as options. Both bolted into those nuts. If you look on the bottom of the cover it is marked where to drill the holes for the bolts to go through. I had an 05 before I got my current 07 and I mounted a GIVI topcase on it. The mount for the GIVI came with bolts. They are longer than the ones that hold the OEM Executive backrest on. If you are mounting something other than the OEM style backrest you may need longer bolts.

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts
I bought my 03 used and it had a black passenger back rest. And a GIVI screen too. I bought it in 2006.

Lowes has the Cap (Allen Head) bolts in different sizes. I am sure that have 3 that would work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the guidance you two. Do you know what size the bolts are that I need. M6....????? Think I'll take a trip to lowes and get a set.

Thanks

Dominnys

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I believe the bolts you need are 8 x 1.25. I am not quite sure of the length as the two rear bolts are shorter than the front bolt.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
M8 X 1.25 sounds right as best I can remember. Shop door is frozen shut with ice right now or I would go out and check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts