Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
give us a hint, does it have 2 cylinders or one ?
In USA for 2015 model year:

1 Small cylinder = Burgman UH200
1 Large cylinder = AN400
2 Small cylinder = AN650
3 Small cylinder = AN950

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Gimme the AN950 , a quiet wife and the proverbial check in the mail in my hand...Please !

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
I merged the two posts.

Now the question 123Mike, Why do you need the starter removed? Maybe we can help see if its the starter or something else. Give us a clue as to what its doing or not doing.

·
Administrator
18,022 Posts
OK, I do not think its the starter if it turns the engine over.

Try this and let us know what it does.
Hold the throttle wide open and then crank the starter over for a few seconds while holding the throttle open.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
if it is the starter, they are quite expensive.

you can check first if the brushes are worn and get those specific parts. clean inside and lightly clean the commutator and rebuild. the other option is buy an asian one. I have. they are ok. dont know how long it would last. but I have an extra just in case because they are inexpensive.

up to you and I wish you success.
mikey was joking but it was a legit question as you left a critical tidbit missing in your post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all you guys for your help I did remove the starter opened it up and it was very corroded and sticky inside some of the parts were cracked I guess I will need a new one thanks a million and where can I get a aftermarket one I don't know the part number.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK, I do not think its the starter if it turns the engine over.

Try this and let us know what it does.
Hold the throttle wide open and then crank the starter over for a few seconds while holding the throttle open.
Dave_J, on the subject of starters. I’ve heard mine kinda slam a couple different times. Maybe I can do something to head off a future problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts