Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am going to be adding Highway Pegs to my 2006 650 Burgie. I have decided to go with Glen Fafara's method.
One question - I am 6'3" and need extra leg room. Has anyone installed the upper mounting bracket upside down? What I am looking for is more room. Mounting the peg below rather than above the foot boards. Any feedback is much appreciated.
I tried to upload a picture but I guess I am not smart enough:(
If you type "highway pegs" in the forum search box, the article with pictures will come up.
Sorry - I have to get better at this computer stuff!
Mike G.
Gilbert, AZ

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I would advise against mounting the brackets upside down as it can cause miss alignments for the tupperware pieces that ride on top of it to interconnect, and you won't gain that much room.

I would try removing the back rest or modifying the seat to gain an extra 1-2 inches of clearance. If you don't carry a passenger, you have a lot more room to work with for additional clearance.

you can easily add an adapter, in the form of a metalic cylinder that would sit flush with or sit slightly higher than the bolt hole, inside each cavity where the bolts mount to, you will need longer boltss, and use an extension plate that will connect to the bolt and hold your highway foot rests. With a bit of measuring and fabrication, you can get it to sit flush on the side of the foot boards next to the tupperware.

good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
As LeDude said, I'd start with removing the back rest. I'm 6 feet even and removed it mine after about a month of riding with it. Best "mod" I've made to the ride. I can really stretch out and get quite comfortable.

late,
Coz

·
Banned
78 Posts
The Corbin long seat will transform your Burgman like you won't believe.

I'm not exceptionally tall,..but I have long arms and legs.

Taking the backrest off the original seat made it much better, but the ergonomics of the bike really fell into place when I put the long Corbin seat on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts