Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new Drive Belt. I cant find any Gates belts for the 2007+. What are you using? OEM, Malossi or something else?
Also the age old clutch question. I have the 2007 and it looks like the the best replacement is the 2008 OEM five shoe clutch. Is this correct? The after market clutches seem prone to more problems.

I just got this bike last week so I have a lot to learn. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The OEM belts last 20k+ miles, so they're pretty good. That is what I use.

The OEM '07 clutch was redesigned from a 3 to 5 shoe in '08 and is much improved. The new clutch will last 30k-40k miles depending on riding and load. Other than an occasional deglazing and cleaning, they're good a clutch.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Scooterwest shows to have the belt at $129.00, it's a good one Malossi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll get the 2008 OEM clutch. I guess I'll go with the Malossi belt. The OEM Suzuki belt costs more then the "clutch". Seems a bit pricy.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You can't go wrong with Italian scooter parts...They got it down pretty good, it's about the number one choice of transportation in their country.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used to have a 03 Honda Reflex (my girlfriend still has hers) and on that forum they would warn everyone to only use the OEM belt. 99% of the guys on that forum swore that all the other belts were junk. I'll stick to OEM no matter what the cost.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Same here, staying stock with the Burgman belts. On my Automoto scooter I tried a Gates belt because it was cheaper and it broke 7000 miles later as to where the OEM belts are still looking good when the 10,000 mile change interval comes up. OEM all the way for me :)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I stuck with the OEM belt as it lasted 22,500 miles on my 07 400.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts