Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered that Suzuki makes/made a lower seat for the 400 (P/N 45100-05820-FC8. Fantastic!! My inseam is 29". I sure could use a lower seat...

Are there any scooter junk yards or cemeteries around? $500 for a new seat is a little steep for me.

Thanks, in advance, for all of your input!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
go to a local upholstery shop and have them cut it down for you. If you are there when they do it, you can check it out and make sure it's a good fit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By 'cut it down' I presume you are talking about the cushion? Right?

There ain't enough padding in there for me now! ;-)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
That is correct. Basically they would shave some of it off. Not sure what they charge for it, but if that's what you want. If you want an extra seat, you might ask on here or watch ebay.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My inseam is 29". I sure could use a lower seat...
My inseam is also 29". But in my case, when I'm seated, I'm flat footed, and my knees are slightly bent. Plus, my rr shock is preloaded 3 notches stiffer than stock for riding 2 up. Are you not able to flat foot your 400 when seated?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Everybody has a different build, also, you have to consider the span in the front of the seat. For some people rolling up to the front of the seat to put your feet down is like stradling a big log. The seats are about 6 inches wide in the front and they just get wider as the go back. If your a little stocky, it can be way more painful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts