Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is 78 and rides the 650. Lately he has been complaing about his neck being sore after riding. He bought the lightest helmet he could find and he has the extended windshield to deflect the wind over his head. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a neck support or could recommened one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Haven't heard of any type of neck support other than the ones that race riders would wear and those may be to cumbersome to ride with on normal riding. Also any type of neck support may hinder his ability to turn his head to check his sides which most riders do at least a 100 times or more while riding.
Depending on his height and torso lenght, arms lenght he may need to add a handlebar riser with a pullback option on it. Possibly bringing the handlebars higher and back a little more will allow his shoulders to relax causing less pain on his neck.
GenMar manufacturing and twisted throttle both carry these type of handlebar risers.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
He may be holding his handle bars too tight. My wife had that issue and once she loosed her grip on the handle bars her neck pain went away.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the info each has provided. I will see my dad this weekend and see if we can resolve this issue. I know he loves to ride.
Again, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts