Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Thanks for sharing! The write up was easy to read, I never got sleepy while reading!!! Good job!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the pleasure of riding the Trace last summer on my Concours.The Natchez trace is a national treasure ! There are many write ups on the Blue ridge parkway and its well deserved praise ,the Tail of the Dragon for the euro style twisties But the Natchez Trace is a real American un-discovered beauty!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Very nice. I live just off the Trace, but have never driven the whole length, neither bike nor cage. Definitely on my todo list, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We love the trace here in the Jaxn, MS area. I have done the entire length of the trace and I have used it to avoid the traffic during quitting time. It is a great quiet stroll when you have nowhere to go and all day to get there.

You have the Loveless Café at the end in TN and many choices in Natchez at the other end. You have the Mississippi, TN River, and Tombigbee (don't forget the big locke) along the way.

I would suggest to those who are considering the trace to stop at the first welcome center and get a trace map. It will enhance your experience.

Pastor Tyler

·
Registered
24 Posts
I rode the Trace during the second week of August this year.

It was a delightful ride. I enjoyed the fact of it being a speed controlled two-lane blacktop road with many stops along the way for historic and natural sites. I also made two detours off the Trace, one for a side trip to the Vicksburg National Battlefield and the other to the Shiloh National Military Park.

I can highly recommend a visit to Loveless Restaurant at the Nashville end of the Trace. The atmosphere and service were phenomenal.

A ride of a lifetime.

George

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was in the process of running the Trace in my truck camper last fall when I got a call from Arkansas that my motorhome, which I lived in, was on fire and burning. Needless to say I didn't get to run the northern half of the Trace. I would love to do it on my scoot! Only thing, I started out pretty early the first day and the park was full of deer and raccoons! So if you are going to run it in the evening or early morning watch out for the wildlife!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
What's his name? I always stay over in Cookeville when I travel back to NC to see my mom. I normally stay at WalMart in my truck camper. Lots of noise, but when I'm tired I can sleep through anything! Nice town..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts