Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it wrong to name your ride (if your so inclined) before you even take possession? Does proper "vehicle" etiquette require a certain amount of bonding prior to naming your scoot?

I'm just getting ready to put my money down on a 2003 AN650, but want to pre-order/reserve a custom license plate to read: INGRED. Probably won't pick-up the bike until sometime in Feb ... or the first couple of warm days!

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
394 Posts
SCOOTNVA said:
Is it wrong to name your ride (if your so inclined) before you even take possession? Does proper "vehicle" etiquette require a certain amount of bonding prior to naming your scoot?
:? Well, Greg, it is a personal preference to name your ride before you get it, when you get it, or after you have ridden it awhile.

Psychologically speaking, if you name the machine prior to riding it, then you are setting up expectations for what you think the scooter will be like based on what the name means to you. On the other hand, if you name the scoot after having it awhile, then you are giving it a name that reflects how it has behaved to that point. Of course, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and the name you give your scoot might have no psychological ramifications whatsoever. :p

In the case of ordering custom plates, then naming it before you get should save you some time (to get the plates) and perhaps some money (if you have to pay for standard plates and then pay again for custom plates). :D

No matter what you do, Greg, enjoy "Ingred". After all in my completely biased opinion, you are getting the best scooter/motorcycle on the planet.
:wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
With a name like Burgman .......Ingrid is the first name to come to mind. I can just see hundreds of these bikes nicknamed Ingrid Burgman. :lol: I only have 1200kms on mine and its tucked in for the winter, however I had considered Ingrid myself. I think I'm going to have to rethink it now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts