Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
read this story as if I am in the voice of Willaim Burroughs, the famous Junkie Beat Author of Naked Lunch. If you saw the Movie, "Drugstore cowboy, you know he speaks in a distictive and halting cadence and tone.

"....I teetered up to the light on Rt. 97 in beverly, MA. It was a winding New England road that takes me stright to work in 38 miles. I usually like to make a good impression by pulling up straight and poised, but I had been slumped way down in the saddle and was daydreaming and so...teeters; no biggie.

But this time there were three other bikers on FLHTCUI's, Elecra-glide ultra classics, FI , 2003-4's, antennas, radios, chrome-chrome-chrome. ****, I made a bad impression pulling up like that ...hey...that's life. "hey dudes...what up?"

"you sure you can ride that little piece of plastic crap?', one dude in curiously new looking leathers and chaps says...'we can put you in the trunk and take you to where your'e going..' hahahahaha the group roars.

I say, " Well, ya, man, why dont you hoist me right up there...by the way, did ya'll buy all that ****, the clothing and bikes as a group on the HD tour? and I guess you are all off to a day at the dental or chiropractic orifice, hmmm.....'

At this point, (the Bill burroughs voice really kicks in now), I reached over and gave the guy next to me a playful poke in the shoulder. He nearly fell over and dropped the bike.

Parenthetically, I never would have done this if these guys were one percenters, but there was something distinctively 'store bought' about this happy little cadre.

the dude bellows, " you little ****...wait till I get my hands on you..&*&^%$#..!!!!!!!

I say, " well, lets go then, the light's green".....Im off, he stalls the Glide, his friends dont notice he's crankin her over. they stop. ,

Im laughin....I hardly touched the dude, a finger jab...is all. I consider it BAD form to ever shove a fellow biker at a stop.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Amazing

These stories never cease to amaze me. It seems that HD owners need to put down riders of other brands of motorcycles/scooters to make themselves feel better about the over priced dinosaur that they bought.
It doesn't matter to them that the Burgman is faster and more reliable or that they cost a third of what they paid for their ride. Nor does it matter that we all face the same dangers from brain dead cell talking car/truck/suv drivers. You don't own a HD you aint #$%^.
I worked for a HD dealership for a while. The doctors/lawyers would come into the shop during the week looking like a normal person. Yet, on the weekends, they dressed up like freaks and acted like them too when they all gathered to reinforce themselves and tell themselves they were unique.
Strange, really strange. I've owned HDs in the past and really like the way some of the models look. Might even own another someday if the prices ever come down to match what you are getting for your money.
I never tried to impress on someone else that they should ride what I ride. I don't care what you ride but am glad that you do ride. Maybe some of these HD nitwits someday will realize that what I ride is my business and what they ride is their's and they should respect that. Some of us don't need to belong to a cult to enjoy motorcycle riding.

·
Registered
793 Posts
dabinf,
throwing currency into the collection plate
of an opec minister isn't a cult?

abm,
your story

it's
full of holes
it's
full of holes

:D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ajwood said:
dabinf,
throwing currency into the collection plate
of an opec minister isn't a cult?

abm,
your story

it's
full of holes
it's
full of holes

:D
Im fixing a hole where the rain gets in, and stops my mind from wandering; where it will go........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts