Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to some photos of the 650 stripped of all the plastic body panels? I looked through the gallery but nothing caught my eye. I'd like to see it naked.

·
Registered
704 Posts
These are some I have. I thot I had one of the frame from top down but can't find it at this time.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
check out NormanB's Profile. He stripped down his new one and posted pictures. You can also search his post and use the word LARDY....

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
The thread I did on replacing the CVT belt has pictures of the bike at various levels all the way down to the bare frame with the engine and power train removed.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/15-burgman-650/47782-cvt-belt-replace.html

BTW when I was putting it back together I did a test ride with all the body work from the seat forward off except the windshield, mirrors, gauges and front fender. That was an interesting experience.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Here you go!

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
I must be sick. I think she's beautiful with no clothes on.

I would have never guessed the pistons are off-set (weight wise) by the crank. I would have thought they were one-up/one-down! Got to give it to engineers!

·
Registered
207 Posts
That is an amazing gear train to the rear wheel. I am imagining that it loses less engine power than a shaft drive (with at least one 90-degree transition, at the wheel)?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That drivetrain looks really complex and elaborate. But obviously, they got it right, as it seems to be reliable and effective.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks Just Me for the great picks. I saved them and will muse over them as I try and grasp the innards of the beast in case I ever have to go "under the hood". The over threads will also be most helpful. This site is great, uh.

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
57 Posts
That explains the gear noise in the rear. Straight cut teeth on 5 gears!

·
Registered
255 Posts
These are great pics, I am planning on building a trailer hitch for my single wheel trailer and these will really help.
Greg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I did a test ride with all the body work from the seat forward off except the windshield, mirrors, gauges and front fender. That was an interesting experience.
I'll bet it was odd having everyone thinking you were on a Honda Ruckus! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts