Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

N.C-One Day Ride April 16

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  ted clement 
#1 ·
I will have a ride-in at my place this April 16th.

I have several acres about half way between Lexington and Salisbury, NC just off interstate 85 and there is plenty of space. I'm not looking to sponser a rally...just a get togather to talk scooters and such. We can talk scoots, then go eat at local resturants.

Would like to get Honda and other brands of scoots as well. If anyone wants to do an overnighter theres plenty of motels in Salisbury, a few in Lexington. Don't know about camp grounds. Can pitch a tent at my place, no amenities other than cold water, and plenty of woods...shovel avail!!

Details and location posted below.

#5 ·
I will be taking the scoot to visit a friend opening a tattoo parlor in Savanah GA this Spring. How far are you form there? Would be nice to meet up with some other members along the way.

#6 ·
Chuck,

Ted's place is roughly about 300 miles to Savannah, GA. But not nearly that far out of your way on your route down ... assuming you'll take I95. Just take I85 from Richmond, VA instead.

#7 ·
Thanks Bill! This might work out just fine. Perhaps I can get another local Burgy owner to tour with me (you listening Roger?). It would be great to meet up with a bunch O forum members!

#9 ·
In case you want to look it up on Mapquest or somesuch, I live on 251 Jubilee Rd, Linwood*, 27299, bout half way between Lexington and Salisbury. Its 4 miles off Interstate 85 on rt. 150. Or 30 miles from Winston Salem on rt. 150 or rt 52. 9 miles from where rt 64 crosses 150.

*Linwood is the mailing address and where the PO is located, and not the name of the place I live, which is Churchland. Doubt you can find it on a map.

#13 ·
Steve, if you come all the way from Illinois you get all the free hotdogs you can eat, choice of camping spots, and use of an indoor pottie and shower.........if you'll let me take her Majesty for a ride. I'll even include indoor parking for the Queen.

#14 ·
Gadawg, your are more than welcome.....if you'll let me take the Majesty for a short ride. And even if you won't! :lol: I hope other brands of scooter riders will get the word. When I set a date, I plan on visiting some of the other dealers around and leaving flyers.

#16 ·
What a great idea Ted. I hope everything works out for the best and you get a good turnout of Burgman USA members. Who knows, I may even show up!!! :wink: 8)

#18 ·
Another possibility is that we meet at my place, have some cold sodas, coffee, snacks; BS awhile, then ride to some restuarant for lunch. That might not be too enticing for longer distance riders, but thats for each person to decide. Also, its the sort of thing for which I could easily have a raindate. A meet like this can be done on a moments notice. Does this appeal to any of you? If so, I'll set a date...prob mid Arril or early

#20 ·
OK...done deal: April 16, my place anytime from daylight on. Early arrivals get coffee; late comers, get soda. Lunch at your choice of local resturants...they have good pork BBQ, plus the usual other places in Salisbury.

Raindate April 17.

Anybody want to camp out friday or saturday...let me know. I have plenty of space....several acres worth.

In case you want to look it up on Mapquest or somesuch, I live on 251 Jubilee Rd, Linwood*, 27299, bout half way between Lexington and Salisbury. Its 4 miles off Interstate 85 on rt. 150. Or 30 miles from Winston Salem on rt. 150 or rt 52. And its 9 miles from where rt 64 crosses 150.

*Linwood is the mailing address and where the PO is located, and not the name of the place I live, which is Churchland.

#22 ·
Hmmm I looked it up on mapquest and found your place no problem. However...........I thought I would try the directions from my place and I got this Total Est. Time: 12 hours, 24 minutes Total Est. Distance: 755.62 miles .

Lets see if I leave at 7:00 pm on the 15th I'm sure I will miss most of the traffic............ ahhhhhhhh just count me as a no show :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.