Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Myrtle Beach, SC area, but I was there this weekend and it was chaotic. The Annual Atlantic Beach Bike Fest was going on and what a rough crowd that is. This is primarily for Sport Bikers and I think they ended up with 6 shootings and three people dead from those shootings. That doesn't include those that were injured or killed while riding.

I stayed on the South end of the area and this event is primarily on the North end, so I didn't get into the mess as much as some others. However, I heard from people that were there, that some bikers were stopping in the middle of streets and wouldn't let traffic pass.

This event came right after Harley week and I don't think the Harley crowd was too much trouble. However, these folks were out of control and because of the size and unruliness of the crowd, the police did their best, but it wasn't good enough.

Next year, I'll find another place to go during this event.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The Harley guys are getting older and the Sport Bikers are mostly younger. I think this has allot to do with it. I think the Harley guys feel their loud pipes and leathers say what they want people to perceive. The younger guys feel they need to prove their manhood.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The Harley guys are getting older and the Sport Bikers are mostly younger. I think this has allot to do with it. I think the Harley guys feel their loud pipes and leathers say what they want people to perceive. The younger guys feel they need to prove their manhood.
How things have changed. It used to be that the Harley crowd was the unruly ones. They greying of America is even showing in the "once rough" quarter.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yes that's what I meant, but there is always an exception. We do have some young ones that wear a club patch that feel the need to impress the other members. Usually the older members will put them in their place, now days they try to not get involved with the police.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts