Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three days after buying my silver 04 650 I hurt my freakin' right shoulder (non bike related) ane haven't been able to ride it since (going on the sixth day with out riding). Am thinking of tieing a rope to the throttle so I can throttle it with my right foot and steer with my left hand. :wink:

It hasn'y been a total loss though cause its been cold and rainy here anyway.

ps excuse typos, im typing left handed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
beanpole said:
Three days after buying my silver 04 650 I hurt my freakin' right shoulder (non bike related) ane haven't been able to ride it since (going on the sixth day with out riding). Am thinking of tieing a rope to the throttle so I can throttle it with my right foot and steer with my left hand. :wink:

It hasn'y been a total loss though cause its been cold and rainy here anyway.

ps excuse typos, im typing left handed.
My new Burgman robot chaffuer will ride you around and is voice activated. Only 9,995.00 visa MC discover. You sit on back as passenger and Burgborg will do as you say. Not reccomended for rush hour traffic on 5th ave in NYC.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Will drive for food/fuel (and airfare there).

Bill

·
Registered
308 Posts
billmeek said:
Will drive for food/fuel (and airfare there).

Bill
I shpould also point out to potential purchasers that if you accidentally utter the words, "..whaddaya mean not a real motorcycle !!!!!" the Burgerborg will go into manual shift mode and do a full throttle rip through the gears.

Just a warning.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Get well soon Beanpole. I hope your on the Burgman soon . Remember riding numbs the pain :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Me as well

Hi Beanpole
I am in the same boat as you ,got my Burgy in Jan. and then had an opporation on my left hand, the doc say's no riding for THREE MONTHS. She is the cleanest Burgy going. Get well soon

Paul

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Re: Me as well

redbird 2 said:
Hi Beanpole
I am in the same boat as you ,got my Burgy in Jan. and then had an opporation on my left hand, the doc say's no riding for THREE MONTHS. She is the cleanest Burgy going. Get well soon

Paul
Bahhhh! what does the doctor know. He probably thinks you need to pull in a clutch. I say go for a ride.......poor lonely Burgman :cry: :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That may be closer to the truth then you know, my doctor told me no riding last week after a bad sprain , when I mentioned it was a automatic he said "O, well in that case be extra careful" --Still riding :!: :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I my case its not so much my doctor telling me to lay off, but rather the pain from extending my right shoulder and arm out for extended periods of time. Went for a ride about two days ago, got about a mile down the road and had to come back home. Feeling better each day though -- I'm thinking two or three more days and riding should be at least tolerable.
Am even going to a chiropractor (something I've never done before) to expidite the healing process. Also want to wait until I'm off the valiums, percaset (sp?) vioxx and hydrocodone cocktails until I'm comfortable riding again (and no, I'm not taking these all at once -- this has been ongoing for weeks).

I be likin' me dem kainpillers :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts